Review of Deuter Aircontact (ACT) Lite Hiking Backpack 65 + 10 Liters
Deuter Aircontact Lite 65+10 Review
If you are searching for a lightweight hiking backpack and don’t want to compromise comfort and durability, then the Deuter Aircontact Lite could be an excellent choice to try, especially for the price.
I first noticed the Aircontact Lite when I was searching the net trying to weight down my hiking gear. I was not searching for ultralight, that’s not my style, but when hiking every pound counts. So, weighting only 3lbs 11oz the Deuter immediately took my attention. In my experience, there is an inverse relationship between comfort and durability, and weight. But the Aircontact Lite keeps a surprisingly good balance between them.
The suspension system is great, only a few adjustments and you would hardly feel the weight of the pack on your back. It fits almost every torso length, excluding maybe the really long ones, so it is an ideal pack to buy online.
A trail-tested truth with internal frame backpacks is that you will sweat a lot, if you wear one during your trips. However, the Aircontact Lite almost makes us to correct this old truth. It makes a surprisingly good job keeping you cool during your trips. Of course don’t expect miracles, but it is clear better than average in this aspect.
In addition to the 65 + 10 pack, there are also two other models with a capacity of 40+10lts and 50 + 10lts worth considering. They feature the same characteristics but are more appropriated for shorter trips. Also Deuter manufactures this backpack with a design made for women: the SL series.
Pros & Cons of the Aircontact Lite
* Lightweight: only 1.7kg a lot less than backpacks of the similar capacity and comfort.
* Highly adjustable: a unique size covers almost all the torso lengths, except maybe those larger than 23inches.
* Comfortable: the really good fit of the Aircontact Lite guarantees a comfortable hiking experience.
* Good padding: especially in the hip belt.
* One of the best backpacks for the price.
Cons (I have to think hard to put something here)
* Not the best zipper out there.
* Waist pockets too small for the real things you want to carry
- Volume: 65-10lts (3950-4550 cubic inches)
- Torso: adjustable 38-54cm (15-21inches)
- Weight: 1.7kg (3 lbs. 11 oz.)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 81x 43x25cm (32 x 17 x 10inches)
- Materials: Ripstop 210/ Hexlite 210/ Duratex
- Number of Stays: 3 (aluminum)
The Deuter Aicontact Lite is one of the best hiking backpacks on the market: lightweight, rugged, comfortable to wear, and hard to beat for the price, a great deal.