- Sports and Recreation»
- Team Sports
Top 10 Basketballs
Looking for Good Basketballs?
In this article, find a list of the top ten best-selling basketballs. I hope you find out which basketball you prefer among these and purchase it, and maybe this will help improve your game. A good, quality basketball goes a long way.
What is a Good Basketball?
A good basketball has to:
- Be tough—especially when you play outdoor basketball.
- Have enough grip, so you can handle it well for dribbling and shooting.
- Be well-made—most balls are made out of leather.
- Have the standard size of 29.5 inches.
Why is a Good Basketball Important?
If you want to be really good in the ball game, you'll need many things. Sure, the biggest needs start with talent, training, team play, and so forth. But you also need good equipment. If you aren't used to playing with the best balls and you get uncomfortable using them, you'll run across many issues if you ever play at the high level. So, start getting used to the idea of playing with a quality ball also if you want to be a good basketball player. Much like having eaten rice with a spoon your whole life and then switching over to chopsticks—it's an adjustment but you'll be much better for it.
Switching balls in basketball is the same thing. So, put good equipment on your list also.
Top Basketballs, 6-10
Below, you'll find the top 6-10 out of the top 10 best basketballs based off Amazin rankings.
10. Spalding TF-1000 Legacy Composite Competition Basketball - Intermediate 29 1/2 Inch. This has an optimal grip and comes with a foam back-construction for a softer feel.
9. Spalding NBA Street Basketball - Official Size 7 (29.5"). This one is excellent for street games (outdoors). It's also ultra-durable, and has a great grip.
8. Spalding TF-1000 Legacy Indoor/Outdoor Basketball - Intermediate Size 6 (28.5"). This ball has a deep channel design for an optimal grip. It's also made of 100% nylon windings, which contributes to its improved structural integrity.
7. Wilson Solution NCAA Composite Basketball. The Wilson Solution NCAA composite ball is one of the best balls out there for indoor basketball. It's also the official ball for NCAA tournaments.
6. Nike Elite Championship Airlock. This ball has a great grip not only indoors, but also even when it's wet, making it a great outdoors ball as well. It's a great quality ball for a great price.
Top Basketballs, 1-5
The rankings below are is also based on Amazon reviews. Here are the top five:
5. Baden Grip-Tread Rubber Basketball. One of the best street balls out there. On top of that, it's also very cheap.
4. Spalding NBA Street Basketball - Pink & Purple - Intermediate Size 6 (28.5"). The pink and purple ball is specifically number four on Amazon, but any color will suffice. This ball comes with an excellent grip and feel—it's a nice streetball, as well.
3. Spalding NBA Game Ball Mini. This is a great kid's ball that's excellent for play both indoors and outdoors.
2. Spalding TF-1000 ZK Basketball - Full Size. This ball has a great grip and feel, although it's for the indoors only.
1. Wilson Evolution Indoor Game Basketball Official (29.5"). The Wilson Evolution Indoor Game Basketball is the most highly ranked basketball on Amazon. It's also the best price you'll get for this kind of quality. It has a great feel and grip, and is also the best indoor ball.
The most highly-ranked basketball on Amazon.
These are balls that are not as commonly available or sold as much as the others listed above. However, they still are all really good quality, and are used by the NBA and FIBA stars.
The Spalding NBA Official Game Ball Basketball (2014). This is the official basketball of the NBA, and it's very expensive. However, it's also the most high quality. It's made from the finest leather, for the perfect touch and feel. As mentioned, since it's the official NBA basketball, it also meets the official weight and size. Lastly, this ball is meant for indoor use only.
- Spalding NBA Zi/O Indoor/Outdoor Basketball - Official Size 7 (29.5"). This ball is great for both indoor and outdoor playing. It's also the official size and weight of the NBA. It's very high quality and has the perfect touch and feel.