- Fashion and Beauty»
10 Classic Wardrobe Pieces for Women
Looking Beautiful? Priceless.
Every woman has their own style. Some haunt runways and browse fashion magazines tirelessly searching for the newest trend to follow. Others like to hunt at garage sales and thrift stores for their own eclectic and unique vogue. Trends come and go. What's hot one season is out the next. Regardless of which decade is back, every woman should have some classic pieces in her wardrobe that will always be chic, and always look remarkable. Here are ten things that you will always go back to time and time again.
1. Dark Wash Jeans- Of course, being from Texas, I mention the jeans first! Dark wash jeans can be worn casually, or they can be dressed up with a killer pair of heels. Look for good sturdy material with a little bit of stretch in them. Jeans will enlarge with use, so get a pair that fits a smidge tighter than just right. If you are self conscious about your uh.. lower half make sure your jeans are straight leg, trouser style is perfect! Tapered jeans are a trend not a classic. They come and go. Classic pairs would be straight leg, boot cut, or well..classic fit. Also, NEVER buy any pants that are higher than your belly button!
2. White Button Down Shirt - These shirts can be worn alone or layered with your favorite sweater, jacket, vest, etc. They are very versatile. Get one that FITS! If the sleeves are to long and it looks baggy, it's too big. If the buttons are popping guess what, it's too small! These classic pieces are worth looking for. Find one the fits right! For an extra boost of style look for a 3/4 sleeve. So cute!
3. Jacket - I prefer leather. Brown and Black are always in style and mix and match well. The bottom of your jacket should hit RIGHT under your hip bones. DO NOT try to look for jackets that hide your rear. That just makes you look wider. Look for jackets that aren't boxy; they come in at the waist. To define your waist even more, find one with a belt.
4. Solid Colored Skirt - I'll admit, I can verge on tom boy most of the time. I usually only wear skirts and dresses when I am specifically asked to. This is an important piece of your wardrobe for nicer events, and it can be preferable to a dress when you don't want to be to formal. If you have that classic hourglass figure go for a pencil skirt. Pear and apple shaped women want to find a straight skirt or one that flares out and away from the body. Look for classic solid colors; black, navy, khaki, and/or brown will go with almost anything.
5. Little Black Dress - The little black dress is always beautiful and always in style. For more details see http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Perfect-Black-Dress.
6. Black Slacks - Black slacks are great for events that are nicer but don't require a dress. The same rules apply to slacks for jeans. Those that are a little hippier need to look for straight leg. If you want to add a little something look for a very fine pinstripe. NEVER buy elastic waisted anything!!!
7. T- Shirts - I'm not talking about the over-sized "I'm With Stupid" T- Shirts you buy for $2.00 on the clearance rack. You'll need to find those classic colors for layering and some brighter colors that look great on you for fun. Shirts that are a heavy cotton will hide anything that needs to stay hidden. Like everything else, they need to fit just right. If they hang off you or are so tight you can see every line and/or bulge underneath, keep looking!
8. Black Pumps - Every woman feels like she is all that when she puts these babies on. If you can do heels, go for it. For those of you who can't walk across a flat surface without tripping, try a kitten heel.
9. Khakis - They can be dressed up or down and they really match everything. If you are looking for classic pieces stay away from cargo; they're cute but not so classic. Again, same rules for jeans and slacks apply.
10. Cardigan - Don't you hate it when you are at the movies and it is freezing! Bring a sweater. Cardigan sweaters never go out of fashion and you can find them in every color. Be careful to get one that has a good shape (not a box) and DON'T hang it up. Fold it nicely young lady! You don't want it to look droopy!
You also want to look for some fun pieces to that match your own personal style. Scarves, necklaces, earrings, hats, etc. You want to have somethings to throw over these classics to give them your own magic touch. Another thing to notice is that I didn't list baggy sweats or PJs. PLEASE do not wear these in public! When you take the time to build a nice wardrobe, starting with a core of mix and match classic pieces; you spend less time searching for something to wear and more time looking awesome!