- Fashion and Beauty»
- Women's Hygiene
10 Easy Ways for how to Save Money on a Manicure Pedicure
Saving Money on a Mani Pedi
The manicure pedicure (known more commonly these days as simply the mani pedi) is a popular way for women to treat themselves to a beauty indulgence without spending a lot of money. Compared to a trip to a spa or hair salon, the mani pedi is a really affordable little treat for yourself. However, it still costs money and in these tough economic times there are a lot of women who are having trouble justifying the expense. Maybe it would be easier to justify if you could find a way to save a little bit of money on your manicure pedicure.
Here are ten suggestions for saving money on a manicure pedicure:
1. Do it at home. You can save a lot of money by doing your mani pedi yourself instead of going to a salon to have it done. There will be an initial investment into the tools that you need to do it right but you’ll end up saving a lot of money in the long run. But doesn’t this take away from the treat that you get from doing a mani pedi outside of the home? Not if you do it right. Invite a girlfriend to join you so that someone else still does the work on you. Make sure the house is empty. Put on some good music. Light some candles. Relax. It will feel even better than the salon manicure pedicure does and you’ll save some money.
2. Get a circle of friends together to host manicure pedicure parties. This is similar to doing the event at home but it can be more fun and might even save you more money in the end. Basically, you get together enough tools and cosmetic supplies to host a single party at your house for your girlfriends. One dozen girls is the ideal number for this event. You foot the bill for this one initial party and everyone does each others’ mani pedis while having a good time. The trick is that each of the girls now hosts their own party once a month. With a dozen girls at the event, that’s a whole year that you’ll be able to attend other manicure pedicure parties without paying another penny. You foot the bill up front for the first event, treat yourself to a year of free mani pedis with your friends and enjoy some serious bonding time with the girls all year long.
3. Try a different salon. If you really want to go to a salon for your manicure pedicure then you may want to see if there’s one in your area that’s more affordable than the one that you go to. We can get really used to going to the same place all of the time and not realize that the competitor down the street is charging a lot less for the same service. Take some time to shop around to find the best mani pedi deal.
4. Go to your local beauty school to get the treatment done. These schools offer a very discounted price on your mani pedi because the work is being done by students. The work is overseen by professional manicurists and almost always comes out looking great but you pay a fraction of the cost.
5. Look for coupons. There are coupons available for everything these days so you should definitely look around for coupons that might give you a discount on your manicure pedicure. Also remember to look for coupons if you’re buying the supplies that you need to do a mani pedi at home.
6. Take better care of your nails. In other words, don’t go get your mani pedi as often as you. If you go every month, try to extend the time between appointments to 6-8 weeks. This saves you a lot of money over the course of a year. If you take good care of your nails at home then doing this shouldn’t be a problem.
7. Get a simpler procedure done. You don’t have to add the French nails every single time that you get your manicure pedicure done. Try to cut back on the extras and just get the basics when you go to get your mani pedi and you’ll find that you save at least enough to treat yourself to a fancy coffee at the end of the day.
8. Remember that you don’t actually have to do a manicure and a pedicure at the same time. Most people just do the mani pedi together. However, you’re paying to have both of the treatments done. If you’re low on cash then you might just think about getting the manicure only. This is especially true during the winter months when you’re not wearing open-toed shoes and showing off your pedicure anyway. Do your toenails at home for a few months and just get the manicure done at the salon.
9. Ask your manicurist how to save money on your manicure pedicure. Everyone is struggling to save cash right now so your manicurist is going to understand the situation that you’re in. She’ll probably be happy to tell you about upcoming deals or less expensive polish in order to make sure that she keeps your business.
10. Make sure that you really want to get a manicure pedicure. A lot of women don’t really care about their nails so much as they enjoy the experience of heading to the salon for a day with a friend. If you don’t really want the mani pedi but do want the time with your friend then schedule a coffee date or something else affordable instead. Don’t feel like you have to get the mani pedi done as often as friends suggest. Get in touch with yourself and make this a treat that you really enjoy only when you truly want to.