10 Things That Should Be In Your Purse
I Don't Like Carrying A Purse
If you're like me you hate having to carry a purse but it's so necessary at times. Besides my bank cards and driver license, I have to carry cash, a cell phone and other basic necessities. I try to keep my purse as small as possible hoping that maybe I'll forget I'm carrying one. I've had women laugh at my little purse right before they ask me, with a straight face, how I got all my stuff to fit in there.
It's not that I didn't need all the items I was carrying around in my bigger purse. I needed every single one, just not every single day. I started leaving certain things in my car like deodorant, receipts, and a hair brush. Being a mother I think at times I would be overly prepared and would stuff my purse like a diaper bag, in case of worst case scenario. But I no longer have babies in diapers who drink from bottles. So now when my purse is getting full I clean it out instead of buying a bigger one. Bigger purse means more junk will fit in it. Please, no more junk.
Of course your day to day basics are not the same as what you would need to take to a special event or on a long road trip. But if you would like to lessen the load then consider trying to restrict your purse to holding only the items on the following list.
10 Basic Essentials
- $20 bill Because stuff happens and somebody's computers are always down when you really just need $5 for a footlong sandwich.
- Kleenex Self-explanatory
- small mirror compact. Check your nose and your teeth. Often.
- Dental floss picks.
- Mints/gum/Listerine strips. You never know who you will run into.
- 1 tampon or maxi pad. Cycles have a way of changing without warning when you're nowhere near home.
- Lip balm or lip gloss
- Hand sanitizer to use after you finish grocery shopping and before you eat
**Bonus tip: Keep a travel size stick of your deodorant in the glove compartment for those days when you realize you forgot something.