Acne And Pimple Care
Everyone's worst nightmare is to wake up with pimples or acne on them. Getting rid off acne and pimple is not that of a hard task if one follows few simple and basic rule. Natural cure for it is the best remedy but it is not that quick so one should be patient enough for it to disappear on its own.
Few measures to minimize Acne and Pimples
As we know 70% of human body is constitutes water. If we are dehydrated or our body lack cool and clear liquid then there will be many problems for us along with acne and pimples. Our daily consumption of water must be around 4 litres or 1 gallon per day.
Vitamin D consumption through sun bath is great for skin. Daily 10 to 15 minutes of sun bath for vitamin consumption proves to be very good for acne and pimple. But one must be care full to avoid sun burn and heat stroke and other problems that can be created by the sun.
One who resides near coastal areas can get natural remedy of acne and pimple as salt water proves to be very good for it. Bathing your skin with salt water twice a week can really prove handy. Salt water can be even artificially be created in our own home with sea salt and water but avoid using iodized salt.
Another great agent for Natural Acne Treatment is lemon juice. Lemon juice is a kind of natural astringent which is known to reduce acne and other dirt from the skin. Applying Lemon juice over the acne or pimple atleast twice a week is really helpful.
Today, everyone goes through a hectic life so stress level is high too. Stress is a major factor for acne and pimple. one must try and cut down stress and minimize the risk of getting acne and pimple.
Vitamin A also good for acne and pimples. Consumption of vitanmin A rich foods such as carrots will be of great help. Intake of carrot raw or carrot juice would help in reducing and preventing acne and pimples.
Few Ways to Get Rid off Pimple
- Never pinch, squeeze or pick a pimple doing it makes it more inflamed and rad which leaves a spot a day after. Even while doing it the oil may spread with its bacteria which may lead to new pimples.
- Applying ice pack for about 2 minutes for around 20 minutes helps in reducing inflammation and swelling.
- Covering the pimple with a light dose of flesh-tinted concealer can help cover up whenever you are up for a special event or just in a hurry. It also helps you helps you cover that oily shine that helps it stand out in the entire face.
- Keeping the skin clean also helps in pimple reducing.
- Try applying a cream or ointment that contains benzyl peroxide or salicylic acid to the spot or the blemish or around the facial area where the acne sprouted up. These ingredients however have quite a tendency to dry out skin if used in larger quantities, avoid using them, especially if you have a sensitive skin.
- Oil is the major reasons for pimple to arise. One must try and use oil free cosmetics and other goods to avoid pimples.
- If you have a wet tea bag or a cotton ball, pressing it with a dab of lemon juice against the blemish for a few minutes helps in reducing the redness and the swelling.
- Baking soda is really proves to be goof against pimples. You just need to mix baking soda with water and make a paste. Apply the paste on where pimples are there and keep it for around 10 minutes and let it dry. After that wash it off. You will see relevant improvement with time.
- Applying raw potato can come handy too. Cut a potato into half and apply it where pimples and acne are there and leave it for few minutes. Potato acts as an anti-inflammatory which helps us to reduce pimples.
- Use tea tree oil as it is known for being anti-fungal and antibacterial herbal remedy, making it great for mild to moderate acne. Even in a research it was found that it was more effective then benzoyl peroxide in fighting against it.
- Apply alum to the pimples. Try and get hold of big block of alum instead of in powder form which can be abrasive. Gently rub it in pimple affected area but be careful not to inflame any pimples.
- Make a paste of honey and cinnamon powder and apply it on pimple affected area and keep it over night. This method is to be repeated for couple of weeks.
- A combination of neem leaves and turmeric in water base when applied on the pimples and is left for half and hour heals pimples fast and effectively.
- Nutmeg powder mixed with raw milk proves to be an effective cure for pimples. It is also handy for Dry skin problems.
- Aloe vera the magical remedy is also great for pimple its pulp proves real handy.
- Not only are oranges good for overall health, you can use orange peels as a remedy for pimples too. Grind the peels, mix them with a few drops of water and apply it on your face.
- Mix a tablespoon each of fresh lime juice and groundnut oil and apply it on your face to avoid blackheads.
- Leave fresh mint juice on your face overnight to tame pimples.
- Take methi (fenugreek) leaves and make a paste. Apply it every night for 15 minutes and wash it off.
- Take some tomato pulp and apply it on your face. Leave it for 45 minutes and wash it off.
- Take a few drops of gulab jal (rose-water) and mix it with sandalwood. Apply the paste on your face and wash it off after 20 minutes.
- Make a mixture of cinnamon powder and honey and apply on your pimples before you go to bed in the night. Wash it with warm water when you wake up in the morning. Do this for a fortnight and watch your pimples disappear.
Best Acne Treatment Products
Best OTC Cream/Ointments/Gels
- DDF BP gel 5% with tea tree oil is one of the best acne treatment gel that helps to destroy blemishes and fights new breakouts.
- DermaClear clears up the pours which results in clearing of blackheads, pimples and whiteheads.
- Johnson & Johnson persa gel has been of great help from a long time to fight pimple breakout.
Best OTC overnight products
- Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne Patch contains 2% salicylic acid which prevents and minimizes acne blemishes.
- Clean & Clear Overnight Acne Patches are tiny patches which help to control the acne breakouts.
- Acne Dry Spot is a very effective overnight acne skin care product, which helps to reasonably shrink the breakouts.
Best Scrubs for Acne
- DDF Pumice Acne Scrub, is an excellent exfoliant which helps prevent acne inflammation and eliminate razor bumps.
- Stridex Acne Super Scrub, is another excellent scrub which is mixed with the convenience of a pad. You just need to rub it on the affected acne region, and it will help to exfoliate the skin.
- You can also make a homemade scrub with plain yogurt and fine rice powder, and use it for scrubbing your face for acne control.
Best Face Masks for Acne
- Astara Blue Flame Purification Mask is an acne face mask, which works great for getting rid of pimples overnight, and reduce blemishes. It contains gentle scent of lavender, and is to be dabbed on the affected areas.
- Fuller earth with rose water is a good homemade mask for acne prevention. It works best for oily skin to control acne.
- Neutrogena Cooling Gel Mask helps to clear up the pores, and thus helps in deep cleansing of the skin, and control the breakouts.