Bath Scrubs to Treat And Renew Your Skin
Getting your body treated with bath scrubs can be an excellent way to maintain the beauty, youth, exfoliation and good health of your skin. Body and Bath scrubs come in all ranges from as low as $5 to as high as $200, and even more. You can choose to treat your body with a bath scrub at home by getting these products online and using yourself, or make your own bath scrub at home. If you don't want to bother yourself with do-yourself-scrub, then you can get a bath scrub treatment at spas.
It doesn't matter which bath scrub treatment you go for, you must essentially look for the following things in any scrub product and treatment:
Basic Ingredients of A Bath Scrub
1) Fragrance: The fragrance contained in a bath scrub is basically constituted of the essential oils it has. Ideally, you should go for the scrubs that have natural ingredients like rosemary and spearmint. Such bath scrubs are usually a bit expensive, but are excellent for your skin. They protect your skin from any side-effects, in addition to giving the necessary exfoliation and nourishment. Lower priced scrubs basically consist of the synthetic constituents and hence synthetic fragrances.
2) Exfoliant: An exfoliant is basically an abrasive constituent of the bath scrub. This can be anything ranging from ingredients like sugar, rice bran and salt to constituents like apricot kernels, jojoba seeds and coffee grounds. An exfoliant when rubbed on the skin, takes away the dead skin cells from the surface, and brings forth the younger, softer and shinier looking skin cells from beneath the layer. My advice is to choose the bath scrub products that are gentle to your skin. Also, while applying the scrub, never rub too much or else you'll develop rashes, which are really painful.
3) Oil: Oil is basically used to hold the whole mixture together, whenever you apply the scrub on your skin. Expensive bath scrubs usually have oils like sweet almond oil, kukui nut oil and macadamia oil. Cheaper scrubs may come with olive oil, Shea butter oil and coconut cream as well.
Pricing and Quality
One can not determine whether a bath scrub is good or bad to the skin, mere by its high price. Usually the cost of a bath scrub is calculated on the basis of the quality of its constituents and how much natural they are. Synthetic constituents lead to lower price of a scrub. The cost of a bath scrub is also determined by the brand and the place where it is sold. For instance, if you buy a scrub from a drug store, it might have a different and slightly lower price than what you may find at a spa. Best way is to get the discounted and good deals, which are easily available online.
Many bath scrubs also come with ingredients that can nourish your skin, for example Bio-Maple Sugar, which is an anti-oxidant. Some bath scrubs may also come up with Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA), which are chemical exfoliants that can help in dissolving the intra-cellular glue that holds the cells together.These reduces the cellulite affected areas, swellings and puffiness from the skin. Such additions can also lead to the higher price of a particular bath scrub.
Below is a list of some excellent scrubs and body treatment products:
1) ABRA Herbal Hydrotherapy Body Scrubs Skin Nutrition
The product is constituted of pure organic and essential oils and gets its therapeutic properties from its natural therapeutic desert minerals. It does not contain any artificial fragrances or colors and does not have Lauryl Sulfates, (which is quite harmful for the skin) or preservatives. It is a cruelty free product, which means no animals were harmed in testing this product. The product contains only herbal and organic ingredients and does not include any ingredients derived from animals. Additional values provided by the product are supply of calendula & Vitamin E
2) Jason Natural Cosmetics Hand & Body Care Tea Tree Clarifying Body Scrub
This tea tree oil scrub basically works on exfoliation of the skin and helps a great deal in removing the impurities from the skin, leaving your skin soft and radiant. The product consists of granulated, non-GMO corn cob powder, which does the exfoliation and impurities removal process, whereas the tea tree oil and organic Aloe Vera work on clarifying and soothing the skin. The scrub also consists of sandalwood and rosemary, which help in purifying the skin, leaving it radiant and soft.
Buy Salt and Sugar Based Body Scrubs Online
3) Village Naturals Salt Body Scrub
This is a salt bath scrub which constitutes dead sea salts and natural oils to work on the exfoliation and smoothness of your skin, thereby leaving it soft, supple and moisturized. This deep exfoliating bath scrub is 99.9% natural.
4) Tree Hut Shea Sugar Body Scrub
The product consists of coconut and lime extracts, with the sugar as an exfoliant. The oil used in the product is the natural Shea nut oil, and other natural oils. It also contains vitamin c to provide extra nourishment to your skin, leaving the skin radiant, smooth and soft.
5) Rilastil Lipofusion Exfoliating Shower Gel
Rilastil Lipofusion Exfoliating Shower Gel basically works on the moisturizing and smoothening of the skin, leaving it bright and young. It is a foaming scrub and helps in preventing the cellulite blemishes, which occur on the skin due to various reasons (weight loss, pregnancy etc). It has jojoba beads and bora bora sand (Natural calcium powder) as exfoliant. The product also contains Glucomannan, which can provide deep exfoliation to the cellulite affected skin regions of the body.
Other Bath Scrubs and Body Treatment Products Online
- Beauty Diaries
Know more about makeup, beauty and cosmetic products, launches and reviews of some known and some not-so-known beauty and cosmetic brands here.