- Fashion and Beauty
Beauty Tips 101: Proper Make-Up Kit Maintenance and Application
It's a sound advise to all working moms to look and feel good everyday. I know the rigors of raising my daughter alone and provide her everything to the best of my abilities.
One of the things I'm trying to perfect is the wearing of mascara or having a make-up kit as part of my everyday hygiene.
This may be a short hub but I assure you to pick up the bits and pieces of makeup tips that you can apply to yourself.
My cousin, who's the most-sought-after local makeup artist in our place, personally gave me these tips. She studied Cosmetology course, so, the authenticity of the following should not be argued.
So, let's start.
- Don't wet eyebrow pencil with saliva. It's disgusting. Eyebrow pencil lead can be softened with blow dryer. Melt it a little with it then draw that dark line over your eyelids and lower part of the eyes.
- Don't use fingers to apply mascara aside from brush. If unavoidable, use the ring finger because it has the lightest touch. Constant usage of fingers will stretch your skin on the face that will cause early wrinkles to appear.
- Face powder and eyeshadow can last for three years while water-based foundation, cream and concealer can only last for a year.
- Always apply lipstick using lip brush to avoid contamination. Clean the brush every after use. Do it also on your sponges to avoid bacteria accumulation and allergies.
- Buy quality makeup and know its properties properly.
To help you with a visual explanation, this video features make-up artist Lizette Lee explaining the rudiments of having a makeup and all. Although, she's Asian, her tips apply to all women around the world.
I am learning how to apply makeup properly. I'm sure, fellow neophytes will learn a lot from her.