Why should you wear Sports Bra while Working out or Exercising
Wearing a Sports Bra while Exercising
Why should you wear a sports bra for your workout? Is it really necessary to wear a sports bra when exercising? Does it really make a difference what type of Bra I wear? As a woman who regularly goes for yoga and aerobics classes I find the unwanted bouncing of breasts when using the regular bra while doing exercises very uncomfortable. Though there are many benefits or advantages of using a sports bra, the primary factor which made me opt for good sports bra is that it gives more comfort and support for the chest area while doing physical activities. Be it yoga, aerobics, jogging, walking a dog or playing sports like football or volleyball a sports bra is very comfortable. There are different types of sports bra available in the market. Though the first ones I chose were of the Brand Nike now I have found my right companions for my athletic activities in Moving Comfort sports Bra or CW-X Zip Sports Bra.
Unfortunately, majority of women who do exercises to keep themselves healthy and fit do not bother much about their inner wears when doing work outs. Just like you wear good quality yoga clothes while doing yoga or track pant and t-shirt while working out in a Gym what you wear inside is also very important. A proper exercising wardrobe and inner wear reduces the chances of getting hurt during workouts and also offers maximum comfort.
Benefits of Buying a Sports Bra
If you ask me, No matter your activity level, sport or exercise, every woman needs a sports bra. A woman's breasts are composed primarily of adipose tissue, mammary glands, connective tissue and the Cooper’s ligament. Repetitive bouncing stretches the Coopers Ligaments resulting in irreversible and premature sagging of the breasts. There are different types of Bras. A Sports Bra is a bra that provides additional support to female breasts during physical exercise. Sports bra is different from a regular one in fabric and design. Why should you wear a sports bra for your workout and not an ordinary bra? That is a question many women ask. There are many advantages or Benefits of wearing Sports Bra during a Gym work out or when doing jogging, yoga, aerobics or playing sports. Given below are some of these benefits why you should opt for a sports bra instead of an ordinary one.
- A sports bra offers protection to the chest area while doing work out.
- Wearing a comfortable Bra can improve your workout performance. The material which sports bra is made of makes stretching easy and comfortable during the exercise regime. Regular bras can be irritating with the under wire and the clasps.
- Wearing a Sports Bra takes the tension off your shoulders.
- Bouncing during exercise is embarrassing and annoying. Wearing a Sports Bra keeps the breasts from bouncing out of control which can be a major embarrassment while doing physical activities. The sport bras are designed to hold the breasts exactly in place while offering maximum motion control and comfort during exercise.
- Excessive movement of the breast such as that which occurs during exercise causes strain on these ligaments. Inadequate breast support can cause sore and tender breasts after work out. When you wear a sports bra for your workout it can help to retain the firmness or the breasts and prevent them from sagging or can make them firmer than that are now. They also prevent breast pain related to exercise.
- A good quality sports bra absorbs the sweat generated during the physical activity making it comfortable for you to work out by keeping moisture away from your skin.
- Sports bras may also be worn after breast surgical procedures for quick healing and comfort.
- If you have the habit of wearing a bra while you sleep you would find the sports bra very comfortable.
In fact some sports bras look so stylish apart from being comfortable to wear and offering the right support that you can work out by just wearing them and your bottoms. There are also many colors and styles to choose from. However, make sure that you pick one made of thick and good quality material while choosing a sports bra. Halter Top style Bras with either over the shoulder straps or crossover straps. Both are very comfortable to wear while working out. Though most prefer bras which can be slipped over the head I have a preference for the CW-X Zip Extra Support Sports Bra which has a zip in front making it look very stylish and easy to put it on and take it off. Enelle is another Brand I like in Zip Bras. Some of my other favorites are the Moving Comfort Fiona Sports Bra and the Shock Absorber Max Sports Bra. Are sports bras necessary? Many people that using a sports bra is essential for only those indulging in a great deal of athletic or sports activities. It is not so. Any woman who does regular exercise should invest in a good quality sports bra.
Who found the first Sports Bra
Have you ever wondered who invented the Sports Bra? The first sports bra was created in the year 1977 by two American women from a pair of jockstraps. The women cut the jockstraps apart and sewed them back together. They named their creation as Jogbra.