- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
Review: The Best Acne Facial Cleanser
If you are looking for the best face wash for oily skin, you might be in for a surprise. Among all of the facial cleansers on the market, one of the oldest is still your best bet.
The best acne facial cleanser was tested on five females from ages 12 to 50 for two weeks. All testers had acne prone skin.
The best face cleanser for oily skin was the one in the blue jar -- Noxzema! Four out of five women preferred this product.
Three cleansers were tested, each for a period of two weeks:
- Clarisonic Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash
- Noxzema (Winner)
The results of using each product are below.
Clarisonic Acne Daily Clarifying Cleanser (product is used with a brush head):
- Pros: Seemed to clear up skin a bit for three users
- Cons: Broke out the skin on one user's face, $40 price tag, left a film on two users' faces, "don't feel like breaking out a brush just to wash my face."
Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash:
- Pros: "Cleans face, but that's it."
- Cons: Way too drying for three testers, "medicinal smell to product," "feels too much like regular soap."
- Pros: Four out of five users report skin clears up when used twice a day, "cream feels soothing when rubbed on face with fingers," "cooling feeling on skin," "clean, refreshing scent," "doesn't dry skin"
- Cons: One user reported "smell is a bit strong in the morning."
The least complaints and the most improvements in skin were attributed to Noxzema. No drying or breakouts were recorded with Noxzema. We highly recommend this product as a face wash for oily skin.