7 Best Full Coverage Drugstore Concealers
The eyes that seduce have no meaning, they end in the gaze, as the face with makeup ends in only pure appearance...The scent of a panther is also a meaningless message—and behind the message the panther is invisible, as is the woman beneath her makeup…The enchantment lies in what is hidden.
ꟷJean Baudrillard, De la séduction
There is no makeup product that helps us more to hide and conceal than a concealer. Instantly we appear more mysterious and seductive.
You do not have to spend a fortune to hide what needs to be hidden. This article lists 7 concealers suitable for every skin type that offer maximum cover, are super affordable and also gentle on skin.
Now It’s no longer hard to find a drugstore concealer which offers you serious coverage.
1.Physicians Formula Conceal RX
Best for:normal to oily skin
Tired of trying to cover unsuccessfully your blemishes, black heads and eye circles?
Physician Formula Conceal RX is opaque enough to cover any redness, any blemish and any discoloration. It’s an intense full coverage concealer that really covers and blending it will not sheer it out too much.
The concealer comes in a tube with a screw cap on top. Its available in two shades(fair light and natural light) and one corrector(soft green). If you are not VERY light choose the darker one(natural light).
Physician Formula Conceal RX really does what it says. It glides on smoothly and offers maximum coverage. The consistency of the product is liquid and it’s easy to spread and easy to blend. When blended well into the skin it sets into an even matte finish that looks natural and not cakey or overdone.
This concealer is very comparable to MAC select cover up except that it’s cheaper and has more product.
If you are fair and have oily skin, you need to get your hands on this concealer. A little pricy for a drugstore brand but the coverage is amazing and the product lasts for months even if you use it every day.
- Provides serious coverage; hides even tattoos.
- Beautiful natural even matte finish.
- Water proof and sweat proof.
- Fragrance free.
- squeeze tube packaging with a good amount of product in it.
- talc,bismuth oxycholoride and mica free.
- Covers well and does not settle into fine lines.
- Excellent for spot concealing, super dark circles,tattoos, rosacea and acne.
- Oil free
- Comes in limited shades(Fair light, natural light and soft green)
- A little pricey for a drugstore brand
- It has the tendency to cling to dry patches.
2.Hard Candy Glamoflauge HD Concealer
Best for: normal to oily skin
For those who want serious coverage, this is a godsend. Hard Candy Glamoflauge HD Concealer comes in a little squeeze tube along with a shade matched concealer pencil. The amount in the tube is generous as you need very less product to cover a lot of ground. Just a pinhead drop size is enough to cover deep dark eye circles.
The consistency and texture of the concealer is thick, more like a paste. When applying the concealer the real challenge is to use very less.
The proper way to use Glamoflauge HD Concealer is to dab a very small amount, blend really well and add if needed more. You need a beauty blender or something like that to blend it well. It does take more work than your standard concealer but it’s much better at covering imperfections and creating a flawless canvas for your makeup. Now your acne scars or blemishes will no longer be visible.
The little pencil is good for covering up tattoos and individual break outs.
If you purchase a shade lighter than your skin tone, you can also use this concealer as highlighter.
Hard Candy Glamoflauge HD Concealer is easily available at local Walmart and online. Even if it does not suit your needs, it’s very cheap, it won’t hurt your wallet if you toss it out.
- Highly pigmented concealer that provides full coverage.
- Squeeze tube packaging is very sanitary.
- Shade matched pencil is for covering tattoos and individual break outs.
- Lasts eight hours
- Sweating does not make it come off
- Cheap and easily available.
- The finish is gorgeous matte.
- Covers redness, eye bags,deep dark circles, blemishes, hyperpigmentation and other hardcore issues really well.
- It’s not cakey unless you use too much.
- One tube will last you forever; A little goes a long way.
- The incredibly thick texture of the concealer makes it hard to blend on a dry skin.
- Those with acne prone skin should be cautious when using such a heavy duty concealer.
- If you don’t use this product for a long time it will separate. It comes in squeeze tube so you can’t mix it up once it separates.
- It runs the risk of being cakey quickly.so be careful with the amount of product you use and blend it well.
3.NYX Gotcha Covered Concealer
Best for: normal to dry skin
A high end product at drugstore price. NYX Gotcha Covered is a super high coverage concealer which will cover anything.Despite being of thicker consistency it’s not hard to blend and it’s not pricy. Comes in a black plastic tube with a twist off top,a small amount of this concealer will take years off your face and make you look wide awake and fresh.Infused with skin nourishing coconut oil, it doesn’t look ashy or dull on skin but sets into a gorgeous dewy finish.
Squeeze out small dots of concealer on a concealer brush. Dab it on the area you want to hide and blend well. Set it with a good powder or it will look greasy.
NYX Gotcha Covered Concealer is an excellent dupe for Tarte Maracuja Creaseless concealer .if you like Tarte Maracuja Creaseless concealer you will love it too.
One tube will last you for months even if you use it daily.
- Fragrance free.
- Works great as a highlighter or to create a glow.
- 20 gorgeous shades to choose from.
- Natural looking medium to full coverage with slightly dewy finish.
- Easy to blend.
- Excellent staying power.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the under eye area
- Covers spots ,redness and blemishes very well and it stays where it should all day.
- Water proof
- It can turn bad even before you have gone through the tube.
- Hard to squeeze out.
- It does not blend well with certain foundations.
- Has a tendency to look greasy if you do not set it well with powder.
4.Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer
Best for:normal to oily skin
Everyone on YouTube has been raving about this product and there’s a reason for it.
Housed in a small tube with a doe foot applicator, collection 2000 Lasting Perfection ultimate wear concealer will cover even super dark horrendous eye circles and stubborn blemishes and scars. It’s a very practical concealer, if you have a lot to hide and want serious coverage, you will fall in love with this product. Its quite an amazing concealer that will make your dark spots and flaws vanish instantly.
Once applied, the concealer dries fast. So dot it and blend it in quickly straight after applying. Set it with a light dusting of powder and it will not budge an inch from where you apply it. Collection pressed powder is excellent for setting it .
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer is a multipurpose concealer that you can use both to highlight and conceal certain areas of skin. Its excellent at camouflaging dark circles, acne, blemishes, scars and hyperpigmentation. It is a heavy coverage concealer that will hide whatever you want to hide and keep it hidden for hours. The texture is thick creamy, has intense pigmentation and applies nicely with doe foot applicator.
It’s a good dupe for MAC prolong wear concealer. But it has more coverage, better staying power and better price.
Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer isn’t very moisturizing so it’s not suitable for dry skin. If your skin is dry and you want to use this, moisturize your skin well before applying this. This product is most suitable for normal to oily skin.It will keep the oily skin matte for hours and has excellent coverage.
Amazing, certainly worth the hype!
- Good for spot concealing under foundation
- Full coverage concealer that effectively hides flaws and skin irrgularities.
- Very long lasting and blends well with the foundation.
- Good for oily skin
- An oil free product that does not irritate or worsen acne.
- Creamy texture, a little goes a long way.
- Lasts through sweating.
- Blurs pores perfectly
- It does not crease
- Transfer proof and water resistant
- Very reasonable price and the product does not run out quickly
- There’s not a lot of shades to choose from. Selecting the right color is not easy. Make sure to swatch it first.
- Women with dark skin would struggle to find the right shade.
- Contains talc
- Packaging is not good, the writing rubs off the tube pretty quickly and can get on your hands or other stuff in your bag. Keep it in a little zip-lock bag.
- Do not keep it lying flat the product will leak around the lid.
- Not for dry skin
5.Catrice Camouflage Cream Concealer
Best for:normal to dry
One of the most underrated concealer on the market. Catrice Camouflage Cream Concealer is a super affordable concealer that is excellent at covering flaws.
The product comes in a pot.Don’t worry about the packaging being unhygienic.washing hands kills most of the germs on them. so don't forget to wash your hands well before you dip your finger in the product.
It blends well with most foundations but you can use it alone too. Its excellent for those days when you don’t have time to put on makeup or you don’t feel like wearing a full face of makeup, just apply this to the areas you want to hide and you are ready. It’s a thick opaque formula and you just need a very small amount to cover your worst parts.
Make sure to wear a primer before you apply this. Without primer, this has the tendency to look cakey. You will also need a good powder to set it to prevent creasing.
Catrice Camouflage Cream Concealer is excellent at covering flat or concave imperfections on the skin.one jar will last you more than nine months even if you use it every day.
It’s a good dupe for mac studio finish concealer for a fraction of the price.
- Full coverage concealer that has intense pigmentation.
- Great at covering acne, blemishes and acne scars.
- Very high coverage and very affordable
- Creamy and does not stick to dry patches
- Good for highlighting
- Good for yellow toned ladies
- Only three shades that cater to fair-medium skinned ladies.
- Can be a little hard to blend.
- Strange smell
- Its a cream product that does not last much on oily skin
6.Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging Concealer
Best for:normal to oily
Offered in 5 shades Maybelline Master conceal camouflaging concealer is a thick, opaque full coverage concealer that will hide whatever you want to hide on your face.Be it acne scars, dark circles spots or blemishes. The concealer blends seamlessly into skin.so if you don’t want to look like you are wearing a full coverage concealer this is the product to wear. Using a damp sponge helps create a flawless finish.
The concealer has smooth and creamy texture and it sets to a powdery finish. You can even get away without using powder. But if you want to set it with powder, Maybelline fit me powder is a good option.
Maybelline claims that it’s a prescription for any skin imperfection due to its excellent coverage capability.
Maybelline Master Conceal Camouflaging concealer is a good dupe for makeup forever HD concealer.
- Good packaging; comes in squeeze tube and there’s a lot of product in the tube.
- Very lightweight but covers really well.
- Available in many stores throughout the usa
- The packaging makes it easier to get out the desired amount of the product.
- Medium to Full coverage
- Fragrance free
- Excellent concealer for spots, blemishes and under eye circles.
- Good shades for yellow toned ladies
- Limited shade range(Fair, Light, Light Medium, Medium and Deep).Darker and paler ladies will have trouble selecting the right shade.
- May require touch ups.
- Can be drying
- Those with acne prone skin should be cautious.
7.Milani Secret Cover Concealer Cream
Best for:normal to dry
A full coverage cream concealer that efficiently hides blemishes, scars, dark circles and any other skin imperfection.
The concealer comes in a beautiful pot covered by a cap.wash your hands well with soap and then dip your finger into the product and apply it to the area you want to cover. Carnuba wax being one of this concealer cream’s ingredients, its best applied with fingers because heat from fingers help the product spread smoothly.
Milani Secret Cover Concealer Cream is offered in 8 gorgeous shades and caters well to both fair and dark skinned ladies.Its most suitable for normal to dry skin. If your under eye area is dry,this is the product you need to cover your dark circles.
- Its easy to pick up the right shade that matches your skin tone. It comes in 8 beautiful shades that cater well to both light skinned and dark skinned women.
- Highly pigmented Full coverage concealer.
- Reasonable price, you get a lot of product in the pot that it comes in cheapest concealer per ounce.
- Works well under or on top of foundation.
- Lasts for hours but does need a setting powder.
- Does not dry out the skin.
- Covers redness, hyperpigmentation, scars and other flaws well.
- Milani claims its for all skin types but on oily skin it creases and slides off pretty quickly.
- Those with acne prone skin should be cautious.
- It can quickly look cakey if you are not careful with the amount of product you use.
- Mild rosy scent.