- Fashion and Beauty
Skin and health care benefits of Calcium Bentonite Clay
Calcium Bentonite clay is one of the most powerful cleansing and detoxifying clays. It has greater absorbing powers than other types of clay. Molecules of Calcium Bentonite Clay have a strong negative charge and attract positively charged toxins and bacteria from blocked pores. This clay has more then 50 different mineral elements and is especially abundant in Calcium and Magnesium which are very important for skin regeneration.
Facial masks from Calcium Bentonite clay are especially good for oily and problem skin. If you have dry skin, add a bit of cream or full-cream yoghurt into a clay mixture or use Rhassoul Clay which is especially good for dry and sensitive skin. For oily and combined skin use Green French Clay.
- Store Calcium Bentinite clay either in a plastic or ceramic, but not a metal container as in the metal container the clay will lose its electrical charge.
- Make sure that you are buying Calcium Bentonite but not Sodium Bentonite clay. Although Sodium Bentonite clay is used in skin care, it has less powerful detoxifying properties than Calcium Bentonite clay.
- Redness of the face might occur straight after the mask application. This is normal and should disappear within half an hour.
- Calcium Bentonite clay usually does not cause any allergic reactions, but rarely, in some acne cases spots might appear to get worse after the first application. This is caused by toxins being pulled out, especially in the case of deep pores. Use a solution of camomile flowers in boiling water or, if you are short of time, just pure boiling water over organic camomile tea bag and apply this directly onto the problem area. Camomile has a wonderful smoothing and calming effect on a local skin inflammation . Repeat the clay mask application every day for two weeks. It is a good idea to use Calcium Bentonite clay internally as well (see Other Uses Of Calcium Bentonite Clay) as the acne is usually an indication that other toxins are present elsewhere in the body especially in the digestive system.
Applying clay masks
Start with cleaning your face with a mild scrub and a warm water. You can increase the effect of the mask if you use a facial sauna before the mask application as this will open up the pores.
Apply the masks with an old brush or with clean hands in small massaging circular movements. Leave the mask for 15-20 minutes, until it starts to dry out. Then use a bit of water to moisten the mask and carefully remove it with a cotton towel. You should aim to apply clay masks at least twice a week.
Calcium Bentonite clay masks recipes for oily skin.
Calcium Bentonite and Camomile Facial Mask
- 2 tablespoon Calcium Bentonite Clay
- Camomile solution
Mix water or camomile solution with the clay
into a thick paste and apply.
Calcium Bentonite Clay and Egg White mask
This mask will tighten the skin and shrink pores as both egg white and lemon juice have astringent (tightening) properties. However, if you have a sensitive skin you should first check the lemon juice on a small patch of your skin as it might cause skin irritation.
- ½beaten egg white
- 2 tablespoon of Calcium Bentonite Clay
- ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
Mix about half of an egg white with the clay, add lemon juice and apply.
Calcium Bentonite Clay mask for problem skin.
Lavender and tea tree oil are great for the treatment of skin inflammation and witch hazel extract has astringent properties and often used in acne treatment to shrink blood vessels to their normal size.
1 tablespoon Calcium Bentonite Clay
2 drops of lavender oil
2 drops of tea tree oil
- 2 drops of witch hazel extract
Mix oils and witch hazel extract with dry clay,
carefully add water, mix into a paste and apply.
Other uses of Calcium Bentonite Clay
- Calcium Bentonite Clay is a Living, Healing clay in a sense that it interacts dynamically with the body by adsorbing ( ionically attracting) toxins and by letting the body to absorb necessary microelements and thus stimulating body’s natural chemical reactions.
- It is widely used as an internal cleanser which adsorbs toxins from the digestive system. Cleaning the digestive system alone can greatly assist in curing variety of diseases as it unlocks the body’s natural powers by allowing liver, kidney, immune and lymphatic system to work more efficiently.
- Clay baths will have a detoxifying effect on the whole body by pulling toxins from the skin which is the body’s largest organs.
- For local skin problems such as burns and bites eczemas .
- It can be used as a toothpaste for the treatment of mouth infections such as gum diseases and mouth ulcers.