Advanced Cosmetic Procedure (ACP) treatments are used to combat skin blemishes of all different kinds using electrolysis. An increasingly popular treatment, electrolysis is a simple, pain-free way to get rid of blemishes and discover smooth, younger-looking skin in no time.
In use since the early 1900s, electrolysis has been used to treat birthmarks, broken capillaries, spider veins, warts and skin tags. Today, modern technology has made it possible for the treatments to be completed in short timeframes in comfortable, secure environments.
If you are experiencing skin blemishes which are affecting your confidence you may want to look at clinics that specialize in this treatment
What problems can be solved using ACP?
There are many positive benefits of ACP treatments. Some examples include:
- Facial thread vein removal – Removal of permanently dilated capillaries causing redness and vein marks in the face
- Blood spot removal – Removal of bright red blemishes which lie just under the surface of the skin
- Spider vein removal – Removal of clusters of dilated blood vessels usually appearing on the face
- Skin tag removal – Removal of common blemishes of varying sizes, usually found on the neck or underarms
- Milia removal – Removal of tiny hard lumps which are white in colour, found just under the skin’s surface
- Wart removal/Mole removal – Removal of common benign skin afflictions of varying sizes and shapes
- Dermatosis Papulosa Nigra removal – Removal of smooth brown and black papules found on black skin, usually around the cheeks, neck and chest
What happens during an ACP treatment?
A small, fine probe (around the size of an eyelash) is inserted into the line of the capillary surrounding the skin blemish. Following this, a tiny electrical current is discharged which will dry up the vessel and destroy the affected area. The treatment is painless and takes between ten and twenty minutes.
Will my blemishes return?
Any blemishes occurring from the treated area will have been eradicated. Depending on the root cause of the problem, other blemishes may occur after treatment. Your skin specialist will be able to offer you further information during your ACP.
Will I need a repeat treatment?
Depending on the severity of the blemish you may need several treatments. Skin specialists at the clinic will be able to advise you on your needs.