DIY Banana Body Scrub and Body Wax
Here is another of my favorite homemade skincare recipes. This recipe smells great and gives you that at home spa feeling. So go ahead and pamper yourself. While at first it may sounds strange this recipes is great for making your skin glow. I also found a fun hair removal wax recipes on the internet. This wax is awesome and saves me a lot of money. Hair removal products can be very pricey. But with little effort you can create your very own wax! Enjoy.
Banana Body Scrub
What you need:
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 3 Tablespoons of sugar or sugar in the raw
- ¼ a teaspoon of pure vanilla extract or you can use a different essential oil if you wish.
- You need to take all the ingredients and put them into a bowl.
- Then you want to mash the ingredients until it forms a chunky paste. You do not want it to be watery.
- For your face I would suggest using banana without the sugar and vanilla/oil and when applying avoid your eye area.
- Once you are in the shower slather the scrub onto your body and gently massage into the skin. Then you can rinse it off with warm water.
Homemade Hair Removal Wax
What You Need:
- 2 Cups of sugar
- ¼ a cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ a cup of cold water
- Measuring cup
- Wooden spoon
- Cloth strips (For these you can cut up an old t-shirt or jeans or you could just buy strips at the drugstore)
- Air tight container (reheatable)
- Start by melting (caramelizing) your sugar with the lemon juice in the pan. Keep the temperature at medium high so you do not burn your sugar. Stir the sugar until small bubbles begin to form. If you have a candy thermometer the proper temperature is 250F. You are looking for the sugar to have a gold color this will tell you that it is ready.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, allow the mixture to cool for about 5-10 minutes or until you notice it is cool to touch without burning your skin.
- Place the mixture into a microwave safe container that can be sealed tightly. This mixture will keep for about a month.
- Heat in the microwave
- Grab your strips and use a wooden spoon or popsicle stick to apply 1/8 in to the desired place for hair removal.
- Press the strip on top of the wax.
- Then pull as quickly as possible in the opposite direction of hair growth.