- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
DIY Facial Scrub Made With Honey And Baking Soda
Honey And Baking Soda Face Scrub
Honey And Baking Soda Facial Scrub Recipe - DIY
A Honey & Baking Soda Facial Scrub is very easy to make yourself at home. I find it quite relaxing to make my own skin care products and lotions. It can be a very pleasant experience. Combining, mixing, measuring out natural ingredients the way people must have done it a hundred years ago. Knowing that the ingredients I am using are high quality, and natural, and the result is a fabulous skin care product I can be proud of. And I can trust, because I know exactly what's in it. And it was cheap to make, especially when I compare it to the very expensive face care products on the market today. Through the years ladies, we learn what is best for our skin, and what could be better than making our own face scrubs, cleansing lotions, and creams? I use natural oils, butters, herbs, and even some of the food in my kitchen to create and blend wonderful skin care products that keep me looking and feeling wonderful.
This Honey and Baking Soda face scrub is one of those easy, DIY skin care recipes that you will have the ingredients for right in your kitchen.
You will need:
- Raw Honey
- Baking Soda
- Frankincense Essential Oil
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Geranium Essential Oil
- A warm towel
Essential Oils, Honey & Baking Soda
Ingredients You Need To Make A Homemade Face Scrub
Most people have at least one of these ingredients on a kitchen shelf already, and now it seems to have invaded the cosmetic field...and that's Baking Soda. Some people even brush their teeth with it. First noticed by the Egyptians, Baking Soda makes a great facial scrub. It can reduce the redness of your skin and it can help prevent breakouts.
The second ingredient, Raw Honey, is known to have incredible benefits for the health and wellbeing of your skin. It is beneficial for use on all skin types, oily, dry, combination, and even sensitive skin.
Some properties of honey are:
- Honey is an antibacterial, cleaning the skin
- It is an antifungal, it can hasten the healing of acne
- Absorbs impurities and can help to detox the skin
- Natural remedy for toning and skin cleansing
- It softens the skin and nourishes it as well. It has emollient properties.
- Softens and nourishes the skin, thanks to its moisturizing properties.
- Honey is also rich in antioxidants and can restore sun damaged skin
- It can also soften fine lines in the face
Oh Honey - This Is The Face Scrub Recipe For Me!
Oh Honey! This is the scrub for me! I know I love it and I am convinced it will be one of your favorite facial scrubs once you give it a try.
Here's what You’ll Need:
- ½ tablespoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 drop frankincense essential oil
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- 1 drop geranium essential oil
- A warm towel
- Optional: Rose water toner (see recipe at the bottom of the page)
Gather all your ingredients and make sure to read over the directions and look at the pictures so you know exactly how to make this face scrub.
Add Baking Soda To A Bowl
Add Raw Honey And Mix
Step By Step Directions For A Honey & Baking Soda Scrub
- Mix together the honey and the baking soda.
- Add the essential oils
1 Drop Of Frankincense Essential Oil
1 Drop Of Lavender Essential Oil
1 Drop Of Geranium Essential Oil
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Take a warm towel and place it on your face to open your pores.
- Rub the scrub onto your face using gentle, circular motions. Massage the scrub using the circular motions for a few minutes making sure to reach all areas of your face. You can also use it on your neck if you like.
- Remove the scrub by rinsing it off with warm water.Use the scrub as needed once a week, twice a week at the most.
The pH level of the Honey and Baking Soda facial scrub is alkaline, so it's nice to sprinkle a bit of rose water on your face when your treatment is completed. That recipe is at the very bottom of this page.
How To Make Your Own Rose Water
If you want to make your own Rose Water Toner, here's how to do it.
You will need these ingredients:
- 12 drops of Rose essential oil
- 2 Teaspoons of Vodka
- 1 cup of distilled water
- Glass jar with a lid
- A bowl
Mix the 12 drops of Rose essential oil with the Vodka. This will help to break up the oils so they will not just float to the top of the bottle of water.
Next add the Rose essential oils to the glass container and add the water.
Put the lid on the container and shake. Now you have Rose Water. Shake each time before you use it on your skin.