Designer Handbags And Purses, To Buy Or Rent?
How Much Would You Pay for A Designer's Purse?
Would you pay $4300 for a Judith Leiber Strawberry Cupcake Clutch (Image on the right)? There's a huge market out there for designer's handbags and purses. An ever-growing number of designer handbags (clutches) from famous designers, such as, Kate Spade, Judith Leiber, Roger Vivier, Atelier Versace, and many more floods the market with price tags as high as $7,000 or more.
Standing-by is an ever-willing list of popular Hollywood fashion icons helping to promote the sales of these bags by donning it with their designer attires on social events. Whether it's Angelina Jolie, Kate Winslet, Lady Gaga, Michelle Obama, or The Olsen's Twins. These fashion icons all have one thing in common: they are defining the types of handbags and purses women and teens carry.
Let's face it, there's an overwhelming number of fashion craze women and teens out there who spend thousand of dollars every year trying to keep up with Hollywood fashion trends in bags. The sad thing is, a great number of these women cannot afford the lifestyle of their rich and famous fashion icons.
Keeping up the look can get pretty expensive real fast, and unless you are Katie Holmes, or Beyonce, you might start feeling like you got some holes in your pocket after a few designer bag purchases.
Would You Buy Or Rent An Expensive Designer Bag?
Most designer handbags and evening purse are priced in the thousands of dollars. To own half a dozen of different bags can add up to a whooping $25,000 or more a year for the famous brands. That is more than most people's income in a year. These bags don't come cheap. So, why buy?
Why Buy Designer Handbag/Purse?
Buying any designer handbag is a matter of preference, and even more than that is the issue of whether or not you can comfortably afford it without sacrificing something most needed. So, buy a designer bag/purse if:
- Owning one means more to you than temporarily having one.
- You might need to repeatedly use the same bag/purse over a long period of time. In which case renting may become expensive on the long run.
- The bag/purse is a one-of-a-kind, rare and in high demand type of bag. It may end up being a valuable investment for you on the long-run.
- Owning one symbolises some milestone in your life, a sense of belonging.
Why Rent Designer Bag/Purse?
Some will say, "why rent when you can buy"? Well, it could also go the other way, "why buy when you can rent? One reason that most designer bag renters will give for choosing to rent a designer bag instead of buying one is the financial ease of the renting or borrowing process.
- It Doesn't Drain Your Cash Flow - When you rent a designer bag/purse, you don't have to shell out a whole lot of your hard earned cash at once. Take for example, a designer purse that cost about $4000. To buy this bag, you will have to put-up the money upfront, or enter into some form of a payment plan. Same bag will cost you a little over $40 to rent weekly. If you only need to use the bag occasionally, renting is a more economically, sensible option.
- It Eases The Usual Guilt of Having Too Many - Women sometimes feel guilty for having too many bags, shoes and other accessories. One way to help curb that guilt is not to keep buying and adding to the endless collections of bags, shoes etc. Renting only what's needed, when it's needed make renting a viable option.
- Lots of Options To Choose From - Most stores that rent designer bags offer hundreds of designer brand names bags and accessories with lots of styles and colors to choose from. That means, you can choose to rent multiple items at a time. And with the cost of renting so low, why settle for one?
If you have the option of borrowing or buying a designer bag for a special occassion, would you buy or rent?
Where To Rent Designer's Handbags etc.
The following are online stores where you can borrow, or rent a designer's handbag:
- Bag Borrow or Steal .com
- From Bags to Riches.com
- Rent Designer Handbag.com
These stores have hundred of designer brand handbags, and other accessories for rent. Rent can be applied on a weekly, monthly, or seasonal basis for prices that's usually at a fraction of the cost of items. Most of the accessories showcased for rents at these stores also have the "Buy Now" option attached to it. This means, renters have the option to buy, if they choose, any of the bags or accessories.
To rent from these online stores, you can choose to register, in which case you get great rental discounts, or, you can rent bags without first registering as a member. When you do register, you will need a copy of your credit card to be kept in your account record. Rental charges,
Do you love to write? Do you have a passion for sharing with others what you know? You can do that by signing up right here on hubpages. And guess what? You'll make some money doing it too. Writing, that is.
Author: Comfort Babatola - © 2013