Hairstyle Tutorials for Long Hair
Creative Hairstyles for Long Hair
The crowning glory of a woman is her hair. A woman's looks are enhanced by the way she chooses to style her hair. As women, we know that a smart hairstyle can change our mood, give us confidence, and make us feel beautiful.
In this article, you will find tutorials on creating unique hairstyles you can experiment with on your own hair. I hope you will enjoy these hairstyles and that they will spark your creative juices to think outside the box.
The tutorials I have included in this hub make creating a gorgeous hairstyle easy. I learn best by watching how someone does something. If you are a visual learner you will be amazed at how easy the instructions are to follow.
To view hairstyles and video instructions for girls, go here: Little Girl Hairstyles
If you do try any of these hairstyles, please leave me a comment, I would be delighted to hear how you liked creating and experiencing a new hairdo.
Hairstyle fit for a Bride
I am a romantic at heart, so the hairstyles you will find included on this hub will be those which create a romantic look. I love when a woman is secure enough to accentuate her femininity by what she wears, the way she behaves and the style she chooses for her hair.
Has it been awhile since you've treated yourself to a new do? Take the challenge and watch a video on the hairdo that appeals to you. You'll be glad you did.
Carrie Underwood Grammy Inspired Hairstyle
This video demonstrates a reproduction of a celebrity hairdo worn by Carrie Underwood. Watch this hairdresser, sweet extensions, as she styles her own hair into a magical masterpiece. She uses extensions for this hairdo and dry shampoo for volume. Sit back and relax as you witness the magic happening. If you like this hair stylist, you may subscribe to her video series @ Sweet Extensions.
My personal opinion is that this hairdo would work best with thick and full hair - tell me - what do you think?
Thing you will need:
2. little elastic bands
3. a handheld mirror
4. a brush for teasing your hair and especially the root (if using extensions)
1. tease the roots of your hair
2. take a small section of hair on one side and pull lightly to the back - pin it
3. repeat on the other side and meet up and overlap on the other side in the middle back. If you have bangs go behind your bang for section allowing the bang to hang.
4. now start a row under the section completed by pulling a section from both sides and meeting up - overlap it in the middle at the back of your head.
5. the the hair that is left hanging in the back, divide it in two parts and begin twisting them.
6. use elastic to tie at the end of your braid like hair. Do not pull it all the way through when pulling through the elastic (see demo.)
7. take the braid like long hair and pull it up while twisting and tucking it into shape (see demo.)
8. cover elastic as you tuck and pin it as much as you can.
9. check it out with your mirror to direct the areas that need to be tucked and pinned.
10. grab you bangs and tease behind to create a smooth look. Notice how she uses her fingers to carefully sweep back her bangs to flatter the shape of her head. Spray lightly.
“Beauty isn’t in the crown, but in the heart that lies beneath it” Natureknockout
Casual or Dressey and Beautiful
Celebrity Hairstyles - Blake Lively
This video is a tutorial on creating a celebrity hairstyle The hairstyle featured is what Blake Lively wore at a recent red carpet event. It is so beautiful and versatile. It can be worn for everyday or add a necklace or broach to dress it up. Get ready because there's a whole lot of scrunching going on in this hairdo.
- Section from front of hair up … like; you are doing half up half down hairstyle. Pull over to side and leave your fringe out to be styled later. Secure it in a ponytail with a small band – clear would be ideal.
- Split the ponytail in half and pull half of it to the top of your head to keep it out of the way.
- With the other half Braid normally medium level of tauntness.\
- Bring the other half of the ponytail down and fishtail braid all the way down to the second section. There is a separate video on a fishtail braid if you need more instructions. Use really tiny pieces to overlap .. creates great look!
- Once finished secure braids on the top of your head.
- Create texture. If your hair scrunches, you can begin with scrunched hair or use a heat protestant for hair. Spray your hair before you scrunch.
- Use tiny amount of surf product and scrunch it through your hair.
- Take a 1” curling iron and wrap sections of hair around it. Keep picking up hair randomly around the head until it is all curled. You are going for rough waves not tight curls.
- Apply volumising hair spray and scrunch again.
- Now pull it apart to create a messy texture.
- Let braids down and pull your fringe (bangs) into the braids at the side of your head.
- continue to take a section of hair one at a time and pull it over and work it into the side so it is all on one side.
- Use a little more surf product warmed between fingers to loosen up the braids in order to create more volume and messy texture. Your hair will have a Bohemian casual kind of feel.
- Use your fingers to backcomb if you need a little more of a mess.
- Secure hair with a hairband
Vintage Bohemian Updo
Accentuate your gorgeous hairstyle with pearls to soften and highlight your femininity
Vintage Bohemian Hairstyle
3 Easy steps
Step 1: Texturize
For Thick or Curly Hair use a blow dryer with a diff-user attachment.
For Straight Hair: Use Hot rollers to texturize and make big loose bohemian curls. (Conair Ion Shine Instant Heat Hair Setter) Start wrapping hair closest to the head while wrapping the rest around … secure with a clip. Set for 5 minutes, wait 15 minutes then take them out
Step 2 Pony Up: Make 5 pony tails in a zig zag type pattern
1st Pony: Gather hair section on the far left of your head… secure at the nap of the neck.
2nd Pony: Gather hair next to 1st pony .. pull up about 2” from nap of neck and secure.
3rd Pony: Gather hair right in the middle and back down to the nape of the neck and secure.
4th Pony: Gather hair again, pull up 2” from nap of neck and secure
5th Pony: Gather final hair into pony at the nap of the neck and secure.
Lightly tug on the hair on top to loosen and create volume. (see video)
Step 3 Twist a Bun (use bobby pins)
Twist each ponytail in one direction
Wrap it into a bun going in the same direction, pin into place as needed
Elegance in a Hairstyle
It's Your Day
Almost every girl dreams of her wedding day. When she finds her prince charming and he proposes to her she is set in motion to prepare for the Big Day.
The tutorial you will view below comes from a website that has pictures of many hairstyles with articles on bridal dress gowns, invitations, wedding showers, rings, wedding cakes and more resources for your big day. Click here:
Gorgeous Wedding Hairstyles
Romantic Twisted Updo
For Thicker more vibrant hair take advantage of these supplements.
This You tube is set to relaxing and classy music with a beautiful model illustrating the Special techniques to create a Romantic twisted Updo. Now that you have flexed your finger muscles and learned how to create classy and creative hairstyles, sit back, enjoy the music as you view these lovely models with Side Braids. I think these hairstyles would be elegant and very dressy for Prom.
You should now be able to recreate these looks by using the techniques taught in this Hub and in the Hairstyles for Little Girls Hub.
Who knew hair could be styled in so many unique and creative ways? It truly is the crowning glory to a woman ... I hope you will experiment with these creative hairstyle instructions as you crown your head with glory!
Hairstyles for Little Girls
If you enjoyed this hub, I have put together another hub full of Creative Hairstyles for Little Girls. Although directed toward little girls hairstyles; many of the styles look lovely on women as well.
You are a woman, enjoy and enhance your beauty as you create interesting and sophisticated hairstyles.