Is It Possible to Get Rid of Wrinkles?
Is it possible to get rid of wrinkles? In short, yes. When it comes to fine lines we can absolutely get rid of these through various measures, while the deeper wrinkles we can drastically improve the appearance of. Point blank: Our skin is held together marvelously by these two lovely creations called elastin & collagen, which are fighting 24/7 against bullies who are intent on destroying their effectiveness. The bullies at the top of this list are: aging, environment, & personal choices. So how do we fight back? Here are the top 5 best ways to fight wrinkles, and win.
1. Get rid of toxic trash stuck inside each wrinkle
If we do not manage the flow of toxic trash build-up, it settles causing any wrinkle we have to become more defined. We have no control over the naturally skin weakening effects of aging, but we do have control over how much we contribute to this process. Eliminate these things to see a dramatic difference in your skin:
- non organic processed foods, heavily sugared desserts, & soda
- eating fried food
- drinking alcohol excessively
- eating meat more than 3 times a week
- excessive sun without protection
Yes we have the power not only to cause wrinkles, but we also have the power to worsen them. The good news is that we can also reverse fine lines, and better the appearance of deeper wrinkles. Here's how.
2. Eat foods that encourage smooth skin
Think vegetables, fruits, & whole foods. Trashy food gives us trashy skin & healthy foods give us beautiful skin. We want to eat foods that build collagen back up and strengthen our elastin. Every time you open your mouth and eat anything that is not a raw fruit, vegetable, or whole food (non-processed), you are in effect eating wrinkles! These foods specifically build collagen back up:
- dark greens
- brussel sprouts
- hemp protein or sprouted raw vegan protein powders
I can hear you now, "Oh no! I don't want to be a vegetarian!!" True, the more disciplined you are the smoother your skin will be, but you absolutely do not have to be a vegetarian. Fabulous results can be seen from a ratio of 80% vegetables/fruits, and 20% other foods. Eventually as your taste buds acclimate, and as you explore different recipes, it will get easier. You will not only look great, but you will feel great. Check out my favorite delicious skin smoothie recipe at the end of this article!
Kimberly Snyder, C.N. is the MOTHER of explaining how our diet and toxins are related to wrinkled skin. Her book The Beauty Detox Solution truly helps me every day to live my most beautiful wrinkle free life ever. Its been absolutely life changing. She has also helped many celebrities adjust their routines to achieve lovely wrinkle free skin.
3. Take a Magnesium Oxygen supplement
There exists supplements that are so good I don't understand why the whole world doesn't know about them. This is one of them. Magnesium/Oxygen. Here's what it does:
- It becomes your personal trash removal assistant giving wrinkle clogging toxins an additional kick
- Gently removes toxins and trash, unlike other harsh options
- It travels through your entire body for 12+ hours taking the oxygen to wherever it needs to go to loosen up the trash in your body.
- Perfect for ongoing detoxification/trash removal, the perfect compliment to a healthy green diet.
I feel these supplements are life changing, When I began my journey I started with 6 capsules nightly. The toxins literally poured out of my body. For upkeep I take 2 nightly, which provides a much more gentle removal. My skin glows from eating well and trash removal with these pills. But there are a few more factors that also weigh heavily if you have wrinkled skin. Read on.
4. Don't Trust Creams That Claim to Replace Lost Collagen
Don't be tricked by the plethora of products on the market. There are thousands of products on the market that promise to replace collagen back to your skin. These claims are false and a waste of money. The way to rebuild collagen is by eating foods that build up collagen as mentioned in the bullet points above. (Organic if possible). Slathering collagen on your skin will not rebuild collagen any more than jumping in a swimming pool will moisturize you.
5. Become a Moisture-holic
Yes, become an expert at filling the inside of your body with moisture, and slathering the outside of it with moisture. (toxin free moisture of course!) It may sound like you've heard over and over that drinking water can help your skin. But in my opinion this bit of advice isn't actually given enough hype. Drinking water not only helps flush out those wrinkle forming toxins, but is a MAJOR supporter of elasticity. Become a moisture queen by:
- drinking at least 8 cups of quality water per day (research how much is good for you specifically). If you do not have a water filtration system in your home, a water filtration pitcher will work the same. There are many on the market that you may prefer for one reason or another, but my favorite is the Zero Water filter because it removes EVERYTHING from the water leaving you with truly pure water that tastes like life.
- find a serum formulated to seep deep into your skin with natural oils and botanical extracts
- find a facial cream formulated to replenish moisture
- realize that you can't have one without the other because if you don't drink your water daily, the products you put on your face wont work.
Do not underestimate how these three things will assist in the beauty of your skin. Skin that has been treated by good quality natural oils and botanical extracts has been proven to become stronger and healthier over time.
Note that for aging skin, when you replenish the moisture that your sebaceous glands can't, you assist in slowing down the aging process. I highly suggest a moisturizer with plenty of organic natural oils and botanicals. Of course there are plenty of qualified moisturizers on the market. The most important thing is that you use one! Don't stress over it. Speaking of...
6. Handle Stress & Examine Your Attitude
Remember the list of things that cause wrinkles? Add stress to that list. Yes this world is filled with events that are stressful to us, but can we learn to be:
- mild tempered
- easy going
Can we learn how to better navigate through how we handle stressful situations? When I was young I remember scraping my knee. My mother taught me immediately to breathe in and out with deep breaths. I now realize that this was a stress relief tactic.
How we handle stress can greatly effect our health and the health of our skin. Also, when it comes to your outlook on beauty, surely you have heard that a woman can be at her prime at ANY age. Be proud of who you are, how far you've come, the things you've learned, and the things you have yet to learn. Take care of that woman you are right now. Take care of her physically, mentally, and spiritually every day of your life whatever age you start the process. She will thank you for it.
I do hope that this article has given you some helpful advice towards the future of your beauty. I am proud of the knowledge I have gathered over the years and stand behind my every recommendation. If you find that this information was helpful to you, please leave a comment explaining how. Also please ask any question you like should you have any, and do check out my other articles knowing they are written with the same integrity.
- 3 tablespoons organic canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup organic unsweetened vanilla almond milk, add more if find difficulty blending
- 1 1/2 tablespoons peanut butter or almond butter
- 5 tablespoons organic hemp protein powder or sprouted raw vegan protein powder, chocolate or vanilla flavored
- 1/2 cup organic frozen blueberries or strawberries
- 1/2 cup organic ripe pear or substitute another 1/2 cup of berries
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Also feel free to add spinach or kale up amp up the beauty boosting benefits if you like! Drink immediately.
- I usually place the wet ingredients in first to avoid the peanut butter and protein powder getting stuck on the sides. Also the original recipe called for only 1/3 cup of almond milk but I find this makes it impossible to blend and not very smoothie-like in consistency. Also my perfect mix of berries is 1/2 cup blueberries and 1/2 cup strawberries. This tastes SOOOOOOOOO good!