Everything about Hair scrub!
Hair scrub is similar to any other scrub like a body or a face scrub. The main aim or use of any scrub is to remove the dead cells present in the layer of the skin thus revealing the natural glowing skin. Though hair scrub also helps in removing dead cells on the scalp it has some additional benefits too which are explained below.
Uses of hair scrub
- Removes dandruff flakes present on the scalp.
- Removes excess oil, dirt, dust present in the hair.
- Provides volume for the hair
- Makes the hair look shiny.
- Makes the hair feel soft.
- Provides hair massage effect
How to Prepare
The process of preparing a hair scrub is not that difficult at all. It can be prepared by adding any small coarse particles to the shampoo. Though small coarse particles here can also refer to sand particles, stones etc; the main idea here is to add something that is good and safe for the hair.
Ingredients that can be used
Various ingredients that can be used in the preparation of a hair scrub are listed below
- coarse mineral/sea salt
- coarse rice powder
- coarse nuts powder(almonds,walnut)
- coarse coffee beans
- coarse oats
- Brown sugar
Other ingredients that can be added for extra benefits are
- Lemon juice
- Tea/coffee/henna water
TIP: If you wish you can use any other ingredient that you use regularly for your hair pack.
Ways to prepare
The hair scrub can be prepared in 2 ways:
- It can either be prepared by adding the coarse ingredients directly in the shampoo and using it.
- Or it can be prepared by mixing the other ingredients with the coarse ingredients and applying it on the hair before shampooing.
Few widely used hair scrubs
Some of the widely used hair scrubs are listed below.
Brown sugar scrub
- Brown sugar
- Any oil (you prefer)
Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and massage it into hair. For easy application wet the hair and then apply. Don't add more oil as it ll make the scrub more runny and making it difficult to apply. If you think it may take more time and effort simply add the brown sugar directly into the shampoo and wash your hair. Don't add oil if you directly add the brown sugar into the shampoo
- Coarsely powdered Oats
- Any citrus fruit juice
Mix both the ingredients in a bowl to a thick consistency and apply it into wet hair. Follow it by regular shampooing. Else add the powdered oats into shampoo directly excluding the citrus fruit's juice and wash the hair.
Rice powder scrub
- Coarsely powdered rice powder
Mix rice powder and milk/curd into a thick paste and apply it into wet hair. Follow it by regular shampooing. Else add the rice powder directly into the shampoo excluding milk/curd and wash your hair.
- Always apply the hair scrub in wet/damp hair for easy application.
- When the hair scrub is applied directly on the hair without shampoo allow the scrub to stay for 10-15 minutes
- Make sure you wash the hair with lots of water to ensure that these scrub particles are washed thoroughly
- You can also add a beaten egg or hair conditioner to the scrub if you are using it without adding to the shampoo.
- All these hair scrubs can also be used as a body or a face scrub.(of course without hair conditioner and egg)
Happy scrubbing! :)