- Fashion and Beauty
Extremely Modified People - Stalking Cat
Dennis Avner was an American man with an extremely modified body who passed away on November 5th, 2012, alone in his garage in Tonopah aged only 54. Dennis was better known as Catman, or his preferred name Stalking Cat.
His unusual appearance gained plenty of attention over the years with appearances on Animal Planet's Weird, True & Freaky, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Larry King Live, VH1's Totally Obsessed, and Kerrang Radio. The Stalking Cat was also active and well known in the furry community.
- Extensive tattoos on his body and face.
- Several subdermal facial implants to change the shape of his forehead, nose, and brow. Subdermal implants are placed underneath the skin and the body heals over the implant creating a raised design.
- Silicone injections in his chin, cheeks, and lips.
- Septum relocation to flatten his nose.
- Bifurcation (splitting) of the upper lip.
- Capping of teeth.
- Modifying his ears through a surgical procedure.
- Surgical hairline modification.
- Upper lip piercings.
- Transdermal implants on his forehead. Transdermal implants are partially above and below the skin.
- Contact lenses.
- Wore a robotic tail.
It wasn't only his physical appearance that he changed. Dennis also changed his diet and personality too. He made it one of his top priorities to eat meat every day, just as the animal he was trying to imitate would, and he enjoyed climbing trees.
Dennis was a navy sonar technician before beginning the intense modifications to his body after a discussion with a native Indian chief who told him that he should "follow the ways of the tiger". You could say he took those words much more seriously than most people would have, and so Dennis began to change his appearance. Dennis being a descendant of the Huron tribe of Native American Indians believed it was his responsibility to model himself after his totem, a female tiger. However, professor Kevin Gournay says he thinks Dennis's obsession stems from an unusual type of Body Dysmorphic Disorder. I guess the mystery as to why is still alive and we will never truly know.