Fairy Princess Face Design
For the crafty and creative...
Recently for Halloween I was debating if it was worth it to spend money on a costume or not. Well on the eve of Halloween I was in panic mode. I had no time to go to the store between school and work and was sad that I was going to miss out on all the fun! I put my thinking cap on and realized I had face paint left over from my son's 6th birthday party and plenty of make up to use at my disposal. This is when I came up with the idea of using it all to create a fairy princess mask. Why buy it when you can make something you are proud of right...besides at this point I didn't really have a choice haha. It was now 6am and I had an hour before work to get it done. By the end of my shift the design needed minor touch ups and I was ready to take my son out for some good 'ol trick or treating!
Although this design was made to be a part of my Halloween Costume, you can use it for princess parties, birthday parties, and bachelorette parties in order to take it from a good time to a fabulous time! Who doesn't love to participate in dressing up?
Below are detailed steps to creating this beautiful design. Have fun!
Finished Fairy Design.... :)Click thumbnail to view full-size
What you will need...
For this look I used what was at my disposal...this includes the following items:
- Cover Girl Ink It in Aquamarine Eyeliner
- Cover Girl Ink It in Black Eyeliner
- Face Paint (mine was water based)
- Lip Gloss
Let's Get Set Up!
- Wash your face with your favorite cleanser to make sure no initial make up is on your face...we don't need any weird mixing going on and want to ensure you are working with a clean face!
- Make sure your face is completely dry before you begin. Trust me things will get messy otherwise.
- Place the items you will need within reach and pick a place in your home where there is enough light that you can see every color's true brightness.
- Tie your hair back so only your face is showing and make sure to secure any fly aways! You can fix your hair later when all is done so no worries!
Step By Step Photos!
Ready, Set, Go!!
- Here we go!
- Begin by placing only two drops of water at a time onto the color pink in the face paint pallet. Too much water will make it run and it won't stay very well on your skin.
- Dab some pink paint onto the sponge and create an infinity (ΟΟ) sign around your eyes. This will be the base of the design.
- Next, use the black eyeliner to create an outline similar to that of a butterfly's wings.Add a little more curvature to make it different.
- Use your creativity to make swirls and curves within the outline. Don't be afraid that you won't be able to recreate the same design on the other side. Different can be oh so beautiful!
- Don't forget that you are using makeup...it can be wiped off and redone. It can take some time to get the design you like right! If you make a mistake, breathe and use a small towel or a Qtip to wipe the mistake away with water or makeup remover...depending on what kind of make up you used.
- Next up, is filling in the space with color. The design should only have the outline done in black and the insides filled with pink. So as evenly as possible choose the spaces you want to have the bright aquamarine color. This color will give the look that extra POP!
- Now time to add to your eyes!. Begin by using the black eyeliner from about 3/4 in towards your eyebrow down to about 1cm from the edge of your eye lid corner. Create the swirl and fill it in with the aquamarine eyeliner.
- Add some mascara and fill in your eyebrows with the black eyeliner. Man do those eyes POP now!
- Remember to repeat it all on the other side.
- Next place some foundation around the design to give the rest of your skin an even tone. Add a touch of lip gloss to finish the look. Haha and in my case finally do my hair!
- Tadaa! YOU DID IT! Now wear it out and enjoy life!