Meaning of Flower Tattoos & Flower Tattoo Pictures
Flower tattoos are very common among women, and occasionally men. The most common floral tattoo would include the rose and lotus flowers. In many cases, you will see flowers surrounded by other objects, sometimes butterflies or hummingbirds and other times stars ans swirls.
The meaning of the lotus tattoos and rose tattoos are very similar.
The lotus, rises from murky waters and blooms during the morning and retreats at dusk. The lotus symbolizes truth and enlightenment, and to many mirrors the quest for truth and enlightenment amongst the struggles of life. The lotus flower can also represent estranged love or new beginnings. Some people will get a lotus flower tattooo after the break up of a relationship, which may mean that they have risen above the depths of darkness.
Roses grow amongst thorns and can be either a masculine or feminine tattoo. Roses are commonly associated with love and passion. Depending on the color of the rose it may mean something different.
- Red- love, romance, and respect
- White- spiritual love, purity, innocence, or secrecy
- Yellow- joy, gladness, friendship, and devotion
- Coral- desire
- Light peach- modesty or friendship
- Orange- fascination
- Light pink- grace, gentility, and admiration
- Dark pink-says thank you
- Mixing red and yellow roses- congratulations
- Mixing yellow and orange roses- passionate thoughts
- Mixing red and white roses- unity