Natural and Economical Lip Beauty: Tips for a Younger, Smoother Looking Mouth
Whip up some smooth natural looking lips in no time
Lotions and Potions from your Kitchen
One of my biggest pet peeves is the tiny wrinkles I get above my upper lip! Ahhh, perhaps a stern reminder of the damage that too much sun and cigarette smoking can do to the outside of our bodies. Yes, I too have been known to bake in the sun without sunscreen as well as light up those foul smelling sticks now and then -- but I am learning, the hard way of course! It's funny how all the things that my Mother warned me about seem to come true - I guess Mother really does know best, in this case anyway!
Take about one tablespoon sugarcane juice and half teaspoon turmeric powder. Mix both well. (You can also add a touch of almond or vitamin E oil too if you like) Apply this mixture directly on the wrinkles around the mouth. I use a this stiff eyebrow brush to get it directly into the wrinkle or you can also use a soft toothbrush. Apply gently in a circular motion. Leave on for about 10 minutes and rinse with water. As a follow up and to lock in moisture apply Vaseline or lip balm directly to to lips and just beyond. Using your fingers or the soft toothbrush, buff the Vaseline onto your lips to smooth and get rid of any dead skin cells on the lips. Now apply more and leave on overnight! Your lipstick will glide onto your soft kissable lips in the morning!
Mamma Mia would be so proud. What a sweet youthful pout you have! And so natural.....
You are Always Beautiful
How to Make Up for a Full Natural Pout
OK, so your pout is nothing to shout about, we can fix that! Why do you think they call it make- up?
- First step is to do a smoothing, moisturizing treatment as described above OR do a quick smoother with some lemon lip balm and a soft toothbrush.
- Reapply lemon lip balm and let it sink in and absorb for a few minutes.
- Carefully line your lips using a neutral shade that matches and enhances your own coloring. Keep the line right on your own natural lip line. Do NOT draw an unnatural looking line in an effort to exaggerate your lips, it looks clown-like and phoney. This trick will make your lips look full and natural. Now fill in the rest of your lips with the same color pencil.
- Now apply a shiny neutral colored lip gloss - not lipstick. Although lipstick does have better staying power we are after shiny and full here so you will want to carry gloss with you to reapply during the day.
- Now for the secret weapon from the depths of a makeup artist's bag: Take an almost white highlighter powder - you can use white eyeshadow or a very light bright highlighting powder typically used to highlight or enlarge areas of the face that you want to emphasize. Dot it on the center of your bottom lip. You want the center of pout lighter so the appearance is a full sexy,natural set of lips!Painting 101: Light shades make larger -
- Last but not least: have fun! Make up should be fun way to accentuate your features and not a serious attempt to be something that you are not!
More Hubs by Chatkath about Beauty
- Beauty & the Beast of Time: Growing Old Gracefully
Beauty does not have to be a beast, however frightening the loss of that physical beauty ideal may be to some. The true definition of beauty must be clarified in order for one to mature with grace and style.
- Wake up Beautiful-Free Beauty Tips that Work While you Sleep
Who ever thought that one could accomplish so much while doing absolutely nothing? In reality, the process of sleeping puts your body to work. Renewing all those spent skin cells is just the beginning! Why not take a few minutes before bed to give be
- Lemon Aids for Natural Beauty and Health
When life gives you lemons, rejoice! You have found a free and natural product that has multiple beauty and health applications. Good as gold and joyful as the sunny yellow jackets that they wear, let a lemon brighten your life!
- Inner Strength and Beauty: Quotes and Inspiration
True Beauty is but a light in the heart, as we labor tirelessly to appear younger, thinner or the latest version of "hot" the real focus should point elsewhere perhaps - otherwise the journey is fruitless, much like a stunning but hollow shell...
- Naturally Green Sheen: Make your own Chemical-Free Lip Gloss
We can't ignore all of the warnings about chemicals and additives, especially when it comes to anything we may ingest. DIY Natural make up becomes more appealing everyday, and you can't beat the price!