- Fashion and Beauty»
- Shoes & Stockings for Legs & Feet
Stylish Sneakers Shoes...
Sneakers are the latest trend in footwear fashion adding the extra flavour of relaxed experience with a breath-taking amazing look. These come for all age groups. The word ‘Sneakers’ was originally used for athletics shoes. In a recent fashion trend, sneakers are a popular choice for casual appearances also.
It literally stands for footwear with a flexible sole made of rubber or synthetic material with the upper body made of leather or canvas like basketball shoes, tennis shoes, cross trainers etc. In early 1970, an advertising company came up with the name Sneakers to convey the message that these shoes make comparatively less noise on a hard floor in comparison to the other shoes with hard soles. Sneakers can be seen all over in cultures like hip hop (usually Pumas, Adidas, etc.) and rock 'n roll (Converse, Macbeth) since the 1970s.
There are different types of sneakers which can be categorized as per their features such as-
- High-tops: The high-top sneakers cover the ankle. Most high-top sneakers take the form of the Converse All-Stars or Nike Air Forces 1, 2, and 3.
- Low-tops: These sneakers do not cover the ankles which give it all glamorous look.
- Mid-cut Sneakers: These are in-between high-tops and low-tops. Check out the link
- Sneaker boots: Sneaker boots are extended to the calf.
- Slip-on: Slip on sneakers are like low tops which do not cover ankles and don’t have laces.
- Low-Top CVO: Low Top CVO (Circular Vamp Oxford) is like low-tops which do not cover the ankle but unlike low-tops have a vamp in a circular form and typically 4 to 5 eyelets.
- High-top CVO: High-top CVO (Circular Vamp Oxford) is like high-tops which cover the ankles but also have a circular vamp.
The most common brand is CONVERSE. They are good looking and simple. The best part of sneaker shopping with Converse is that one can get his own custom made Converse sneakers. This brand is also very popular among many celebrities. Sneakers from NIKE are also very popular all over the world. They also provide the option for customization.
Sneakers can be paired with short cargos, skirts, dresses etc. Summer dresses always give a cooler look when paired with low-top sneakers.
There are as many ways as one can think of to go party any time with an easy-go look by adding a pair of sneakers in their collection.
Few of the popular brands for sneakers are Air Jordan, Adidas, Asics, Converse, Fila, K-Swiss, Keds, Mizuno, Merrell, Nike, PF Flyers, Puma, Reebok, Skechers, Vans, Macbeth Footwear, DC, etc. All these brands provide very comfortable sneakers and the quality is perfect. They each have their own unique style.
It is correctly quoted that, ‘Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world’. The market has a different section altogether for sneakers for women. For women, there is a vast range of sneakers depending on color, style, brand etc. and they can mix and match it with different dresses on different occasions to have a trendy and cool look.
© 2014 Sonal