- Fashion and Beauty
Green Tea Benefits for Skin
Green Tea Benefits for Skin
Green tea is full of anti-oxidants and if you are interested in beautiful skin, you simply cannot ignore the green tea benefits for skin. This type of tea is a light green drink that originated from China and derived by boiling green tea leaves in distilled water.
Numerous researchers have, in the past decade, discovered the many green tea benefits for skin. Green tea contains as many as 200 bioactive compounds - most important of these are chemical compounds called polyphenols, which contain flavonoids. Flavonoids are a vital class of anti-oxidants, and this is the major reason for the many green tea benefits for skin.
Green tea also contains Vitamin B and Vitamin C. An adequate amount of Vitamin B, especially B12 is key for skin regeneration. Vitamin C is essential in the production of collagen, a protein which enhances the firmness of skin and helps your skin repair itself.
Top 5 of Green Tea Benefits for Skin
Green tea guards against various skin problems, including;
1. Anti-aging. Green tea benefits for skin have long been treasured as an anti-aging secret in Asia, where most old people look younger than they actually are. As it is rich in anti-oxidants, green tea is a great anti-aging remedy that helps you ward off wrinkles by fighting free radicals. Free radicals are molecules that are formed by exposure to UV radiation from sunlight. These free radicals are dangerous because they damage your healthy cells by stealing electrons from them. The anti-oxidants in green tea also heal damaged cells that may otherwise lead to wrinkles, blemishes, spots and other similar skin ailments.
2. Fights skin cancer. Drinking at least two cups of green tea every day can help avert skin cancer in the long run. A study found that green tea, which contains rich anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties may help heal the pre-cancerous scaly keratosis. Scaly keratosis is a skin ailment that people who are affected by unnecessary and chronic exposure to sun may develop. It also helps treat skin, keeping it immune to serious damages like skin tumors. A study conducted in the UK in 2007 discovered that adding lemon juice to green tea boosts its anti-cancer properties. To obtain green tea benefits for skin, go ahead and add a few drops of lemon juice to your green tea to help your body strengthen its anti-cancer properties and prevent skin cancer.
3. Acne. One of the main green tea benefits for skin is in clearing out acne. Many people have had success in curing their acne with green tea. Green tea contains catechins, which are natural anti-bacterial agents that suppress acne-causing bacteria. As well, the anti-inflammatory action of green tea helps reduce any swelling caused by acne. Green tea helps smooth out your skin, prevent further breakouts and leaves your skin with that radiant glow, which will leave all your friends envious. A simple face mask can be made by mixing organic green tea leaves with honey or milk and applying it gently to your face. Keep for 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly. This will flush out the toxins found deep in your skin and leave it feeling softer than ever before.
4. Protection from sun's rays. Green tea is a natural sunscreen that you can use without having to worry about the artificial ingredients that may be in manufactured sunscreens. Most of us are exposed to direct UV rays from the sun during the course of the day. These rays from the sun loosen the skin causing oxidation to take place by stealing free electrons from your healthy skin cells. The free radicals lodge between skin cells and with time weakens the healthy protection system of your skin, which will cause wrinkles from the sun to form on your skin. This is why one of the major green tea benefits for skin is its natural shield that protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
5. Skin disorders: Green tea extract can naturally treat warts, dermatitis, psoriasis, rosacea among other skin ailments. It nourishes affected skin and heals it from within. You can apply green tea extract on the affected parts for gradual relief. Drinking green tea over a long period of time naturally heals the severe sunburn damages caused to the skin by prolonged exposure to the sun's dangerous UV rays.
Green Tea Benefits for Skin - How to: Green Tea Facial Scrub
Where to get green tea?
You can get green tea from your nearest supermarket. No need to look for expensive fancy brands, just pick a simple genuine green tea brand that shouldn't cost you too much. Make sure you don't buy de-caffeinated green tea as most of the beneficial anti-oxidants may have been stripped off.
Perhaps you're not a fan of the slightly bitter taste of green tea. Well, you can't let that stop you from enjoying the green tea benefits for skin. You can always mix 2 teaspoons of honey to your simmering cup of tea and enjoy the sweetened taste. Otherwise, the taste of green tea is not at all off-putting; in fact it is quite mild.
Enjoy the many green tea benefits for skin by having green tea in the morning while it's hot and watch your skin gradually become radiant and glowing.
More helpful tips for a healthy lifestyle
- Natural Ways to Get Rid of Dandruff
Tired of chemical treatments that never do the job of permanently ridding you of dandruff? You may even be afraid of the effect of harsh chemicals on your skin. It's never too late to try out some natural ways to get rid of dandruff. Natural remedies
- How to Get Rid of Chapped Lips with Easy Home Remedi...
What to do when you have chapped lips - and more importantly, what NOT to do when you have chapped lips! Chapped lips are not at all nice to look at and are also very unhealthy. They are characterized by lips looking dry, flaky, sometimes with visibl
- Easy Tips for a Pimple Free Face
Learn about 5 easy and effective ways of having a pimple free face. Why should you suffer with pimples when you can apply these ways on how to have a pimple free face? For more pimple free face tips read on.
- Cooling and Cleansing: The Benefits of Rose Water
Cleopatra, famous for her ancient beauty secrets, used rose water in various face masks. It also prevents aging by reducing wrinkles and tightening skin pores. Dry skin can be hydrated by using rose water as a moisturizer. Rose water cleanses the ski
- Carrots for Cancer
Carrots have many anti-cancer properties which can help ward of all kinds of cancers, particularly lung cancer and breast cancer. Here are some of the reasons why you should regularly eat carrots for cancer prevention.