Handmand Kiwi-Orange Blossom Facial Cleanser
Benefits of the Kiwifruit
Kiwis have high levels of Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Folate, and Potassium.
Kiwis are high in antioxidants. These antioxidants can be helpful for your health by neutralizing free radicals in the body.
Kiwis help keep the digestive tract regular.
According to Zespri.com. "Eating just two kiwifruits a day has been proven to reduce the amount of oxidative damage to your cells and improve the repair of damaged Deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) caused by oxidative stress."
My skin does not enjoy artificial ingredients and harsh chemicals that many facial cleansers contain, therefore I've made it my mission to find healthy organic cleansers that I can make myself. Always make sure that your ingredients are fresh so that you can fully benefit from the vitamins and antioxidants in the fruit. Homemade health and beauty products actually tend to be cheaper than buying pre-made cleaners from the store. A plus side of this specific recipe is that if you do not use the essential oils, then the cleanser can be used as a fruit dip.
A similar recipe that is equally as easy, useful, and healthy is a recipe for a honey facial cleanser. Like most homemade beauty products, it can become an organic product as well, so long as you choose certified organic ingredients to use.
- 1 Kiwi
- 2 large tablespoons Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Whole Milk
- 1 large tablespoon Finely Ground Almonds
- 1 drop Essential Orange Oil
- 1 drop Essential Palmarosa Oil
- Leaving the skin on to take advantage of all of the nutritional properties of the fruit, slice your kiwi. Puree about three-fourths of the kiwi in a food processor until runny.
- While the food processor is running, add the sour cream, milk, honey, and almonds and blend until smooth and thick.
- Lastly, add the orange and palmarosa oils and stir. Allow the mixture to sit for ten minutes before using.
- To use the cleanser, simply massage the cleanser in a circular motion over the neck, face, and upper body to clean. Then rinse.
Now change the recipe!
One of the main benefits of making your own hygiene products is that you can customize them to your own needs. Just as everyone has different dietary needs, their body and skin have different needs as well.
Try to change the recipe to better fit your own needs, or make up a new one.
- Too much exfoliation for your sensitive skin? Try adding less almond.
- Try different types of essential oils. Remember that different oils have different properties.
- Try different fruit, like strawberries or bananas.
- Try making the wash thicker or thinner.
If it doesn't turn out perfect, then don't fret. Have fun, and remember that trying new things could lead to you finding the perfect match for your skin or product line.