Homemade Facial Mask for Oily Skin
Look after yourself, get rest, get a facial, get a hair treatment, eat really well, work out, get a personal trainer. And that's really the key: to take care of yourself and not burn out.— Poppy Delevingne
Oily skin requires proper care and attention as it is prone to acne and pimples. Oily skin easily catches dirt and so it needs extra care to keep it clean and flawless. Oily skin can lean to skin problems like acne, pimples, blackheads, spots or greasy lines. It is not always possible to go for regular facials as they are quite expensive and time consuming too. But we can take care of the oily skin by homemade facial masks. We can easily find the ingredients in our kitchen to whip up some recipes for homemade facial masks. There is no need to go to expensive salons and spas for relaxation. For those who are hard-pressed for time or money, these homemade facial masks are a great way to give the skin much-needed boost. Since they are chemical free and made from non-toxic ingredients, so they are all the more better.
Making your own facial mask is quite simple. Here are a few homemade facial masks to take care of the oily skin in a natural way:
I’m a big believer in that if you focus on good skincare, you really won’t need a lot of make-up .— Demi Moore
- Banana face mask To make banana face mask for oily skin, take a ripe banana, a tablespoon of honey and an orange/lemon. Mash the banana properly and add honey to it. Mix orange or lemon juice to it and mix well. Apply this mask on your face for about fifteen minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. Or you can also simply mash up a ripe banana into a smooth paste and apply it on your face and neck. Keep it for 15-20 minutes and then rinse with cold water.
- Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) face mask Multani mitti is a natural cleanser and very effective for preventing acne. To make this oil removing face mask at home, soak two tablespoons of multani mitti in warm water for half an hour. Mix a tablespoon of rose water and a few drops of lemon juice to it. You can also add a tablespoon of milk to the mixture to prevent dryness. If the mixture appears thick, add some warm water so that the mask spreads easily over the face.
- Orange Peel face mask Dry orange peels in shade and grind them to a powder. Mix orange peel powder with water or curd to make the face mask. Orange peel face mask is very effective in opening and cleansing the clogged pores of the skin. Another variation of the mask is mixing a tbsp of orange peel powder with a pinch of turmeric and a tbsp of honey and making a smooth paste of it. Apply the paste on face and neck, keep for 5-10 minutes and then rinse with rose water. Using this face mask over a period of time helps in removing the stubborn tan.
Invest in your skin. It is going to represent you for a very long time.— Linden Tyler
- Gram flour, turmeric and milk facial mask This effective face pack for oily skin can be made by taking two tablespoons of gram flour, half tablespoon of turmeric powder, 2-3 tablespoons of milk and water as required. Apply the face mask for about twenty minutes and then rinse. This face mask also works as a facial scrub.
- Tomato face mask Tomatoes help is removing extra oil from the skin and also helps in reducing the size of the pores. Just peel the tomato skin and mash the tomato. Apply it on your face for fifteen minutes. Using tomato face pack twice or thrice in a week can make your skin healthy and reduce blemishes and acne scars.
Nature gives you the face you have at twenty; it is up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.— Coco Chanel
- Papaya face mask Regular use of papaya face mask gives youthful and even-toned skin with diminished wrinkles. Take a piece of papaya in a bowl and mash it properly. Apply it on face and neck. You can also add a few drops of lemon juice to the papaya face mask. It helps in removing excess oil from the skin leaving it healthy and glowing.
- Oatmeal, lemon juice and honey facial mask Mix a few drops of lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey in organic oatmeal. Apply it on the face for ten minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. Take care while applying the mask on the area around eyes. This face mask helps in keeping the face fresh and oil free.
Easy DIY Face Mask for Oily Skin | Honey & Banana
© 2017 Shaloo Walia