- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair
How To Easily Apply or Install A Full Lace Front Wig With Glue
Lace Front Wigs Selection
Lace Wig Glue, Remover and Tape
Learning how to apply your lace front wig is a must in order to save money and to help friends in need. You may also make some money by installing others lace front wigs.
There are many variation of applying a lace front wig, I just wanted to add my take on the lace installation techniques to support the lace wearers and installers in their time of need (smile).
Everyone has their own reason for wearing a lace wig and also have a way they prefer to have it installed. For instance some want to remove their lace wigs once a month,every week or every night.
Some will want to swim or go on vacation. This is how you will determine what type of glue you will use if any at all. You will also determine how the hair is worn underneath the stocking cap.
A person that will be swimming may want to wear cornrow underneath their wig. A person that will remove their hair every night may chose to wrap their hair underneath. Consider the lifestyle before installation.
What Is A Full Lace Front Wig?
A lace front wig is hair attached on a lace type base that can be worn on the head. This base is virtually invisible once attached with a lace glue or tape application. In most cases you can wear your hair in up or down styles without being detected as a wig.
The lace front wigs come in many variations of:
- lace fabric
- density (thickness)
- partings options
Why Lace Front Wigs?
- cost effective
- hair loss
Full Lace Wig Installation
How To Do a Lace Front Wig Installation
- Wrap or braid your clean hair.
- Place stocking cap that is one shade lighter than your skin tone on.
- Pull hair into loose ponytail.
- Place wig on your head, mark with fabric chalk pencil sides, front and back.
- Carefully cut lace from around wig then remove wig.
- Clean hairline with 70% alcohol
- Apply liquid band-aid as scalp protector, allow to dry around hairline.
- Apply B n B or CR-22 lace wig glue around hairline over liquid band-aid.
- When glue is tacky but does not stick to finger re-apply wig.
- Press wig and adjust quickly before glue sets. This is the time to make baby hairs on your lace front wig if yours does not have them. Done!
Under no circumstances are you to touch the glue around the front of your hair. Test the glue behind your ears. Touching the glue will make it look ugly beneath the lace. When you want to remove your lace front wig spray on solvent and let it soften glue. Your lace front wig will slide off in a few minutes. Wait 3-5 minutes before you try to remove your wig.
You will give better instructions about your needs to your stylist after becoming experienced in what is necessary to install a lace front wig. You must also learn maintenance and the consequences of neglecting to remove it in a timely fashion; after all your real hair is underneath.
Now that you know how to install your lace front wig you will want to do your research about what is the best lace wig to use. Remember to consider your lifestyle before choosing the glue.
For more lace wig information and hair care advice please visit http://hairbydarlene.blogspot.com and please vote up if you found this hub useful.