DIY Aloe Vera Hair Moisturizing Spritz
This aloe vera hair spritz is what I use on my own hair and my daughters'. It's a great detangler, moisturizer and curl enhancer. You won't believe the curls! I couldn't believe it myself. My dreadlocks love this stuff. And to think of all the money I've wasted on expensive products that don't even work that well :(
Our hair gets very dry and brittle during the summer and winter months and I usually end up spending a lot of money on products that don't work well or last very long. This moisturizing spray has replaced several hair care products in my home and saved me a lot of money. It has improved the condition of my hair and made it easier to comb and style my daughters' curly locks.
What You'll Need
- 6 ounces Whole leaf aloe vera joice
- 1/4 cup Infusium 23 Leave-In Treatment
- Empty spray bottle
- 3-4 drops Essential oil, (coconut, lavender, peppermint...)
- 2 ounces Water
- 1 tsp Castor oil, regular or Jamaican Black
- Add all ingredients to the spray bottle.
- Shake well.
- Spray generously on wet or dry hair.
- Store your new moisturizer in the refridgerator (optional). The cold temperature will close your hair cuticles and give your hair glorious shine.
A Second Benefit
This spray also works wonders as a skin soother/moisturizer after sun exposure. Aloe vera is widely used as a treatment for sunburn.
Just be sure to leave out the Infusium 23 when you make this batch for your skin.
Pour it into a small travel-sized spritz bottle, chill it in the freezer and take it with you to the beach.
Your skin will thank you and you'll smell terrific!