- Fashion and Beauty»
- Men's Fashion & Clothing Styles
How do you iron a shirt?
Do you know how to iron a shirt?Properly?
I am over a decade older than some of my siblings, and my mother was a lot softer on them. Well, actually completely lax and let them get away with most things.
Because of this I have siblings in their late teens, early twenties that have no idea how to iron a proper shirt at all.
So here is a hub on how to iron a shirt properly.
1) Put the iron on to the hottest setting, if the shirt is made of cotton.If not, please check the tag and do not make the iron, or iron a shirt that says, "Do not iron" on it. This will be marked by a picture of an iron with a cross over it. Then presuming that the label states it is cotton, make sure the iron has plenty of water in it for steam.
2) Lay the shirt down on the ironing board, with the body of the shirt hanging down in front of you. The inside of the collar should be facing you, facing up and flat across the ironing board. Now start at one end and press all the creases out of the collar.
3) Now turn the shirt over so that the back of the shirt is facing you. Can you see the strip seamed in that sits over the back of your neck? Put one shoulder over the end of the ironing board and iron that back piece.
4) Once the collar and back of the neck have been ironed, you need to do the sleeves of the shirt. This is where most people leave big creases in the back of the shirt sleeves. Do not iron the shirt sleeves facing you. Lay the sleeves flat down on the ironing board, as if you were looking at the back of someones shirt. Then you can lay the shirt sleeve flat and iron all the way from the shoulder to the cuff. Now repeat for the second shirt sleeve.
5) Now so one front side by laying the shoulder over the narrow point of the ironing board and then press until there are no creases.
6) Continue turning the shirt around until you have not only ironed the previous front piece, but also the back and the other front piece. There you go, you just ironed your first shirt. It should be crease less.