How to Be Beautiful...Inside and Out
How to Be Beautiful
First off, if you’re reading this because you genuinely want to know how to be beautiful, I’m going to tell you right now, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL, and don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise. Now to the nitty-gritty.
Being beautiful is not just about your outer beauty, what you physically look like, your aesthetics, it’s about who you are on the inside, your inner beauty. Essentially, in order to truly be beautiful, you must do so starting from within. Once you have truly achieved inner beauty, your outer beauty will naturally shine through, that is how to be beautiful.
Inner beauty is about who you are as a person, the things you do, the energy that you give off and your overall attitude on life and towards others around you. You can be the most aesthetically pleasing person in the entire world, but if you are not beautiful within, it will show, and your outer beauty just won’t matter.
How to Be Beautiful on the Inside?
Channelling your inner beauty is the first step to being beautiful and there are a few things that you can do to achieve this.
1) Be Happy With Who You Are: The first step in being happy with yourself is accepting who you are as a person, both good and bad. You should also be prepared and willing to adjust the ‘bad’ in you and evolve into a ‘better’ person, because let’s face it, we’re all human, we’re all flawed in some way, and each and every one of us has room for improvement. I also have to mention that I’m not necessarily saying that you have to change the ‘bad’ in yourself, my overall point is for you to love the person you are. If you don’t love yourself because of the ‘bad’, then figure out how to do something about it.
2) Confidence: When you are confident in yourself, and you present yourself with confidence, it exudes a natural beauty and even sexiness, to which both others around you will notice, and you’ll feel within yourself.
3) Find Your Happiness: I emphasize ‘your’, because only you can make yourself happy. If you’re not happy, find out why, figure out what would make you happier, then find out how you can go about achieving this happiness. I’m not referring to material possessions, like money, sure many of us would probably be a lot happier with money, but I’m referring to inner happiness, this is all about digging down and connecting with yourself.also notice that your mind-set will begin to ever so slightly change, which is my next point.
4) Smile: Finding your inner happiness will hopefully make you naturally want to smile more, but whether it does or not, you should begin making a habit of always smiling, even the smallest one, and even when times get rough. You’ll also notice that your mind-set will begin to ever so slightly change, which is my next point.
5) Think Positive: Once you train your mind to think positively, you’ll start noticing more of the good things that happen and you’ll notice the less of the bad. Focusing on the good things will result in you being happier instead of sad or angry all the time. Notice at the beginning of this point I said ‘train’, that’s because you can’t automatically start thinking positively, it’s something you have to learn to do, just like you can’t instantly learn an entire language and speak it fluently, you have to train and learn to think positively. This includes focusing on positive vocabulary, actions and ensuring your environment is positive.
6) Healthy Skin, Fitness & Diet: Although this can be considered as outer beauty, it also plays a vital role in our inner beauty. When you take care of your skin, your body and when you have a proper diet, you’ll start to not only look good on the outside, but you’ll genuinely feel better on the inside. It’s like finally being able to take a shower after you’ve just swam in a pool of mud. You’ll come out of the shower rejuvenated and feeling great on the inside.
7) Find Inner Peace: Finding peace from within means a few things. Not only will the above points aid in finding overall inner peace, but it’s important to also be able to let go of all your negative emotions. Our emotions can take a very strong hold on our lives and our minds. You can literally drive yourself crazy with negative emotions, so much so, that it just consumes you. There’s a very good 21 minute video that you can watch of the Dalai Lama speaking on Inner Peace, Values and Your Mental State.
Once you’ve begun to really find your inner beauty it will start shining through, you probably won’t even notice it, but the people around you will. Your overall energy and glow will be radiant, you’ll just shine good vibes and convey a coy attraction and attention towards you.
As your inner beauty develops, it will naturally prevail itself to others around you, but being beautiful is also about evolving your outer beauty, it’s just as important. What I just wrote may bring forth some controversy, but there is nothing wrong with wanting to look beautiful on the outside, to match how beautiful you feel on the inside. However, before you focus on any aspect of your outer beauty, it is important for you to come to the self-realization that you already have a natural beauty, it’s just the matter of exemplifying it even more now. I say this because unless you realize how beautiful you already are, you can do whatever you’d like towards your outer appearance, but you will never be satisfied. You need to accept and appreciate who you are.
How to Be Beautiful on the Outside?
Now that you’ve explored your inner beauty, it’s time to let your aesthetically natural beauty shine through and there are a few ways you can do so.
Healthy Skin, Makeup, Hair, Fitness & Diet:
I’m going to readdress point #6 from the inner beauty section above because this is important, but I’m also going to add on hair and makeup aesthetics. Not only will taking care of these things make you feel beautiful on the inside, but it will also physically show on the outside. Here are a few tips to get you on your way.
- Skin: Not everyone’s skin is made the same, so find out what your specific skin type is and work up a regimen that compliments this. Always ensure to cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize and drink lots of water! Keep yourself hydrated. If you have poor skin, it will show through the makeup, makeup can only hide so much. Plus, you don’t want ‘fake’ beauty, again it’s about showing the natural beauty in you.
- Makeup: When applying makeup to your face, keep it light, there is no need to cake on makeup in order to be beautiful, in fact, makeup can make you look and feel less beautiful. Makeup is about illusion, you can do so many things with it. What is your best feature? Realize what that is and use makeup to accentuate your natural beauty. Apply makeup to compliment your selected facial feature, remember to not pull focus away from this feature by applying makeup boldly to your other features. You want to draw attention to one part.
- Hair: Your hairstyle can completely change your overall look and help you how to be beautiful, but it takes more than just having a cute hairstyle, it’s about having healthy hair and there are certain foods that will help you achieve having healthy and beautiful hair, which you can read here http://www.webmd.com/beauty/hair-styling/top-10-foods-for-healthy-hair. With regards to styling your hair, think about your personal taste and what you like, consider how your hairstyle would implement into your daily life, adding even the most simplest of styles to it can make a major impact. When going for your regular haircut, there’s no harm in asking the hairstylists opinion.
- Fitness: You don’t have to be a fitness buff, you can be any body shape and still look beautiful. Incorporating fitness into your life is more than just about being ‘fit’ or muscular, it’s about feeling and being healthy. You’ll notice after even the smallest workout, you’ll feel more alive, energized and happier. That’s because when you work out chemicals called endorphins are released throughout your body which interact with the receptors in your brain, resulting in you feeling much more positive.
- Diet: You are what you eat and your body is fueled by the foods that you put in it. So treat your body and yourself right by feeding it foods that will do something for you. Here’s a great article of 30 foods that will make you feel and look beautiful. http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/wellbeing/galleries/13248/30-foods-to-make-you-beautiful
Don’t forget, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. The most important eyes that matter, are your own. Learning to love yourself and who you are is the most important thing to grasp when yearning to know how to be beautiful.
"The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides." Audrey Hepburn
"The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years." Audrey Hepburn
"The best part of beauty is that which no picture can express." Francis Bacon
"Inner beauty should be the most important part of improving one's self." Priscilla Presley
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears." Edgar Allan Poe
"I know who I am. I am not perfect. I'm not the most beautiful woman in the world. But I'm one of them." Mary J. Blige