How to DO a Facial at Home
Facial at Home...
Dull winter skin is a drag. Make your face dewy again with a simple spa tricks - all you need is about 15 minutes.
1. Soak a washcloth in very warm water, place it over you face for a minute. Repeat three times - the steam will help soften your skin.
2. Slough off dead skin using a mild scrub. Avoid grainy exfoliants, which can lead to irratation. Rub with a circular motion for a minute, then rinse off.
3. Slather on a DIY mask or a store-bought one packed with antioxidants like vitamin E. Wait 3 to five minutes before wiping off.
DIY Mask Recipe
- Moisture Surge: Blend 3 tablespoons of dry oatmeal with 2 tablespoons of honey, then apply to skin for five minutes for a sweet, super hydrating mask.
4. Work a moisturizer (try Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream) into your face and neck to lock in hydration. Store it in the fridge so it's refreshing.
5. Dab a relaxing essential oil (like lavender) onto your pulse (wrists and behind your ears) to help yourself stay calm.
THE PREP: Wash your face with your regular cleanser to remove makeup and dirt, them rinse with lukewarm water and pat dry.