How to Do a Hair Part
Parting your hair
Parting your hair can change your appearance, not only with your hairstyle but with your whole look. It is one of the simplest ways to quickly change your usual look without having to do anything drastic like getting a whole new haircut. Whether you have long hair or bangs the way you part your hair makes a difference.
Before you start parting your hair you should know about the different kinds of parts you can try. Some of the basic kinds of hair parts are listed below.
- Center parts
Hair that parts right down the very center this is a very classic look. Was also very popular with the hippie look. This is a very good way to part your hair if you have a heart shaped face or an oval shaped face. You can still try out this part even if you have a different shape though. Center parts can even work with bangs you can part the hair behind the bangs or part the bangs also.
- Deep or left or right side parts
This is a very popular way to part your hair. This is because it is so flattering to so many face shapes. Ovals, rounds, oblongs and even squares. This looks especially nice with side swept bangs. You can also have a deep side part with or without bangs.
- Zigzag parts
This style of part looks good on everyone! It especially looks good on faces that look better with lots of angles and volume. This is great for a heart shaped face. I would really recommend this part to anyone who is looking for something a little more fun and light hearted. This is my favorite style of hair parting.
What you will need
You dont need very much to part your hair but the list of what you will need is listed below.
- A comb with a point at the end
- A mirror so you can see what you are doing
- A spray bottle to dampen (Optional best used for hair that doesn't want to stay parted)
- Hairspray (optionalFor difficult hair that does not want to stay in place)
How to do to it
Now that you know how you want to part your hair and what you will need we can get started.
- Brush hair as usual
- Dampen the top of your head with a spray bottle of water
- Take the point on the end of your comb and press down firmly but not enough to hurt
- Slowly move the comb across your scalp creating the part you want
- This would be a straight line for a center part or a long diagonal line for a deep side part.
- After you create this line use the comb to comb the rest of your hair into place and take care of strays.
- Now spray your hair with hairspray to keep in place.
Some more of my work
- How to dye your hair with a leopard print or cheetah...
How to dye your hair with a leopard or cheetah design. This is really fun and it looks great. This is quick and easy. You can use natural dyes or chemical dyes. You can choose between permanent or temporary.
- How to do the pin curls hair style
How to do pin curls. They are a great way to get beautiful curls with out causing as much damage to your hair. All you need is a comb wet hair and some bobby pins. This a fun way to style your hair.
Some related pages
- Short hairstyles for Round faces Tips
A great haircut can really improve the way your face looks long hair always looks good if you have the right layers and the length does not go below your chin. Women who have a natural wave in their hair will find that it will add volume and...
- 10 Perfect HairStyles for Your Short Haircut
Who said having short hair means constantly wearing the same hairstyle? When we have short hair is not always easy to style it in a different way, even though short hairstyles are easy to do. Having a short haircut can be just as sexy as having long.