- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair»
- Hairstyles For Women
How to Get Natural-Looking Beautiful Wavy Hair Without Heat
Say bye bye to hot tools
If you are like me, then you are always heading for that styling tool whenever you want your hair to look sleek and stylish. For straightening hair, there are a myriad of flat irons, for curling there are curling tongs, crimping irons to form those small folds or ridges on your hair and so much more. You might already be knowing the side effects of using such hot tools if you have been using them for a long time. My hair over time has lost its shine and it looks pretty dry nowadays because of over usage of styling tools. Because of this, I am always on the lookout to get natural-looking stylish hair without usage of heat. Is it possible? I found out it is. This page contains techniques using which you can achieve perfectly natural-looking wavy hair without heat. In some cases if your hair appears more curly than wavy, all you need to do is finger comb your hair to achieve a more wavy look. Say bye bye to hot tools and go natural with these simple, easy to follow instructions. Make your mane happy!
Technique 1: Use Coconut Milk
This technique allows you to get those perfect waves without using any styling products like hair gels, hair sprays or even styling tools. All you need is pure coconut milk which is known to leave your hair silky, frizz free and also works conveniently as a style setting agent. It also provides deep nourishment for your hair. Not many people like the smell of coconut milk or oil, but those who do not have any inhibitions about using it can go ahead and follow this technique. The coconut smell just lends a whole tropical feel to your beach waves after you're done and are sure to earn you compliments. You can use coconut milk overnight and by morning you will be left with beautiful wavy tresses that are bouncy and frizz free. So let's take a look at how it's done.
- Get a spray bottle and fill it up with coconut milk. If the coconut milk is too thick it won't spread evenly on your hair and it will also clog up the nozzle of your spray bottle so use a type which is a bit watery or loose. Or alternatively, you can mix equal parts of coconut milk and water and fill it up in the spray bottle.
- Spray generous amounts of coconut milk to just washed hair.
- Comb through your hair so that the milk is spread consistently throughout.
- Take small sections of hair and braid them till the very end. It is important to braid the ends as well so that they won't look straight once it's done. Make sure you braid them tightly. This helps to set the waves more effectively. In the same way, take sections of hair throughout and braid them. Tie the ends of braids with small hair bands.
- Once you are done braiding, spray coconut milk again on all your braids.
You can leave your hair like this overnight. In the morning, remove all hair bands and braids. You will see pretty, frizz free, shiny waves. Take care not to comb or brush through your hair. This will just mess up the waves. The good thing about using coconut milk is that you won't need to use any products like hairspray or gel afterwards to set this hair style -- the coconut milk itself acts like a hairspray/gel/shine spray all rolled into one.
Pure Coconut Milk
Technique 2: Using Curling Mousse
You can also use curling mousse to make waves on your hair. A lot of people I know generally go with this method. If you are not fond of coconut oil or milk smell, go for this technique. Also works well for girls with short hair.
- Take a golf ball sized amount of a curling mousse like garnier fructis curl construct mousse and apply it throughout damp hair.
- Take small sections of hair and braid them till the end. Repeat till all of your hair is in braids.
- Do this overnight and remove braids in the morning.
- Set the hairstyle with a bit of hair spray.
Technique 3: Using Pens/Pencils
Would you believe it if I said you can style your hair and create beautiful waves by just using water and pens or pencils? The video demonstrates exactly how you can do it. The twisting procedure with pens/pencils is a little complicated but with practice you can master it. The waves created using this technique is a little more tighter so to loosen it up just run the hair with your fingers.