- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care»
- Acne, Pimples & Blackheads
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Fast
Acne proves to be bothersome itself, but a whole new problem arises when your pimples leave unsightly acne scars on your face. This is one reason why you should learn how to properly treat acne. It can be very tempting to touch and squeeze your pimples, but you will absolutely regret it once it leads to acne scarring. Do not worry, though. You still have a chance to have a blemish-free face. Read on and learn how to get rid of acne scars.
Types of Acne Scars
Acne scars might all look the same to you but they actually have different types. Other people might say this is unimportant but knowing which type of acne scar you have will help you determine which treatment option to use.
There are basically two types of acne scars: depressed and raised.
- Depressed acne scars look like craters on your face. This is due to the loss of fat or muscle under the skin.
- Raised acne scars can be found above the skin’s surface. This type of acne scar can grow larger over time and become itchy and painful.
How to Get Rid of Acne Scars Fast
You can fade acne scars through various treatment options, but there are also natural remedies that will help clear them out.
- Topical Creams – There are many topical creams, both over-the-counter and prescribed, that you can use to treat acne scars. Salicylic acids, alpha hydroxyl acids and antihistamines are often found in these creams. These ingredients help reduce inflammation and itching and also promote skin regeneration.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil is widely popular as a remedy to many skin problems. It heals the skin and makes it smoother. Be careful though as it can cause allergic reactions especially to those who have sensitive skin.
- Lemon Juice – Applying lemon juice on your acne scars help lighten its color, making it less visible.
- Vinegar – Vinegar helps remove the top layer of the skin and stimulate skin growth.
- Pressure bandages – Pressure bandages help diminish the build-up of scar tissue. Results will only be visible if this method is repeated for several months.
Treatments for Acne Scars
If you have tried the natural remedies for acne scars but you’re not satisfied with the results, it is time for you to consult your doctor and consider medical procedures.
1. Acne Scars Surgery
Surgery is one of the most common and effective treatments to get rid of acne scars overnight. Acne scars surgery often involves removing, filling and raising scars. Dermabrasion is a popular medical procedure which involves the removal of the top layer of the skin with a wire brush. It goes deep down into the dermis and is effective for reducing acne marks.
2. Chemical Peel
Chemical peel is actually similar to dermabrasion; it removes the top layer of the skin but chemicals are used in the process. There are three types of chemical peels for acne scars: superficial chemical peel, medium-depth chemical peel and deep chemical peel.
3. Laser Treatment
Lasers are also used to remove acne scars. With the use of lasers, dermatologists can promote skin growth by removing the top layer of the skin. The light ranges and type of laser to be used depend on the type of acne you have.
4. Acne Scars Fillers
For depressed acne scars, injections with fillers are used to raise it. By doing this, the depressed scar is elevated to the same level as the surrounding skin.
How to Prevent Acne Scars
As the old saying goes, prevention is better than cure. The number one rule is to never touch your pimples. Resist the temptation to pick and squeeze your pimples because these will only aggravate the problem and can cause acne scars. If you are suffering from acne, it is important to treat it properly. Proper acne treatment reduces the chances of having unsightly marks and helps get rid of acne scars.
Around the web: