- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care»
- Acne, Pimples & Blackheads
How to Get Rid of Blackheads Fast
Blackheads are small, black spots on the face, usually found on the nose area. They come in clusters and are definitely unsightly.
Similar to pimples, these spots are caused by pores clogged with bacteria, sebum and dead skin cells. When sebum is trapped in a pore and exposed to air, it turns black and it becomes visible as a blackhead. It is important that you take good care of your skin to prevent having this skin problem.
1. Cleanse your face.
Cleanse your face twice daily, in the morning and at night. Remember that these unpleasant marks are caused by oil-buildup so it is important to keep your face clean and free from excess oil. Choose a facial cleanser that contains salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. These ingredients help unclog pores and prevent too much oil production.
Exfoliate your skin twice a week. Exfoliating helps remove dead skin cells from your face. Dead skin cells increases the likelihood of getting acne. Make sure that you use a gentle facial exfoliator.
3. Steam your face.
Place a hot towel over your face. This causes the blackhead to rise to the surface of your skin, making it easier to remove. Let the towel rest on your face for at least a couple of minutes then pat your face dry.
For an overnight fix, you can opt to steam your face. You can do this by putting warm water into a bowl, then holding your face over it while a towel covers your head to prevent the heat from escaping. Do this for 5 to 10 minutes.
4. Use pore strips.
Put a tissue paper on the tip of both of your forefingers. Place your fingers near the blackhead and push down and up on the skin. Do not use too much pressure. You can also use pore strips. Place a strip over the blemish and let it stay there for 10 minutes. Slowly and gently pull it out. You will see excess oil and dirt on the strip.
5.See a dermatologist.
If after following all the instructions you continue to have problems, it is best to visit your dermatologist. A medical professional knows the necessary steps to help treat your condition and prevent it from worsening.
- Do not wash your face more than twice daily. People with oily skin tend to wash their faces very often, believing that it helps remove oil from their faces. What happens actually is that the face becomes dry and the glands produce more oil.
- Avoid touching your face. Your hands may not be as clean as you think so keeping it away from your face helps decrease the amount of dirt on your face.
- Use gentle facial cleansers and oil-free moisturizers. It is best to seek advice from your dermatologist on which products to use.
- Keep at it. You will never experience having beautiful skin if you refuse to follow simple skin care tips. Those dark spots will likely to surface again and again if you fail being consistent.