- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
How to Get Rid of Whiteheads Fast - Easy Tips to Remove Whiteheads at Home
What are whiteheads?
Whiteheads are small, white spots on the face. It is another classification of acne. It makes your skin look rough and uneven. Whiteheads are very unsightly and requires immediate attention to prevent it from worsening.
Just like pimples and blackheads, what causes whiteheads are clogged pores. Your sebaceous glands produce oil to moisturize the skin. However, teens experience hormonal imbalance which can trigger too much oil production. Oil builds up inside the pores together with dirt and dead skin cells. The result is whiteheads which when combined with bacteria may cause other forms of acne to occur.
Whiteheads are common among people with oily skin as they are more prone to oil-buildup. However, this does not mean that those who do not have oily skin are safe from whiteheads. If you are suffering from whiteheads, here are ways on how to get rid of whiteheads fast.
5 Ways to Get Rid of Whiteheads
1. Keep your face clean. This is the number one rule to follow. Keeping your face clean minimizes the chances of oil and dirt building up in your pores. That means less pimples, blackheads and whiteheads. Choose a gentle facial cleanser and use it twice daily, in the morning and at night.
2. Exfoliate. Dead skin cells contribute to the clogging of your pores. Exfoliating once a week helps remove dead skin cells from your face. It is recommended to steam your face first before exfoliating to open up your pores. You can do this by boiling hot water in a small pot. After boiling, place the pot at your feet and let it steam up your face. Alternatively, you can dip a towel in warm water and pat it on your face. You can then proceed with exfoliating your face.
3. Moisturize. Moisturizers are essential in keeping your face smooth and supple. No matter what type of skin you have, moisturizers should be a part of your daily skin care regimen. Applying moisturizer on your face helps ensure that your skin keeps the moisture and never gets dry. Remember that dry skin is susceptible to whiteheads and other forms of acne so you would want to avoid that.
4. Use medication. If you follow the basic skin care tips above but you still have problems with whiteheads, consider using medication. Benzoyl peroxide is widely used to get rid of whiteheads and treat acne. It effectively kills bacteria and absorbs oil.
5. Use an extractor to remove whiteheads manually. It is not generally recommended to get rid of whiteheads manually yourself but if you want to do so, here are some tips:
- Steam up your face to open up your pores.
- Use alcohol to sanitize your extractor. Put two fingers on opposite sides of the whitehead and gently squeeze until it is completely extracted.
- Apply benzoyl peroxide on the infected area after you are done with the procedure.
More Tips to Remove Whiteheads Fast
- Wash your face only twice daily. Washing your face too often results in dry skin. When water from your face evaporates, it takes with it the natural oil your face needs.
- Never touch your face. It is very tempting to touch or pop whiteheads but this should be avoided. You will only make it worse by adding dirt on your face.
- Drink plenty of water. If you keep yourself well-hydrated, you make yourself less susceptible to pimples and other types of acne. Water helps you flush out toxins in your system, effectively detoxifying your skin.
- Use oil-free products. There are many skin care products on the market that are oil-based. Instead of helping you with your acne problems, using these products might make it worse. Oil-based products may contribute to oil-buildup, making whiteheads more likely to occur.
- Visit your dermatologist. There may be cases where whiteheads and acne are severe and requires medical attention. Consult with your dermatologist to help you assess the condition and commence with appropriate procedures to get rid of whiteheads.
Around the web: