- Fashion and Beauty»
- Body Art, Tattoos & Piercing
How you Can Get a Tattoo Removed
Tattoo removal is increasingly popular for a large number of reasons. The leading reason is that tattoo removal procedures are getting safer, more affordable and easier to obtain in any location across the nation. Another major reason is that tattoos themselves are getting more common and that means that there is a larger number of people experiencing tattoo regret who are seeking out methods of getting rid of tattoos that they don't like. Despite the fact that tattoo removal is more and more common each day, most people don't really understand the ins and outs of getting a tattoo removed. Here are the steps that you'll need to take to get good tattoo removal.
Understand Your Options
There are several different methods of tattoo removal which people try to use today. Tattoo removal creams are one thing that many people try but which doesn't often work. Historically, there have been painful methods used to remove tattoos such as excision of the tattoo (basically cutting off the flesh where the tattoo is). However, the only type of tattoo removal that you should be looking at today is laser tattoo removal. This is the safest, most affordable, most efficient and least painful method of tattoo removal available.
Do Your Research on Laser Tattoo Removal
Just because laser tattoo removal is the best option out there for you doesn't mean that you're necessarily going to want to get the tattoo removed. You should make sure that you understand what this type of tattoo removal is all about before you commit to getting this type of procedure done. Here are some things that you might not already know about laser tattoo removal which you should consider carefully as you weigh the decision about whether or not tattoo removal is the right choice for you:
- Laser tattoo removal is painful. Most people who can handle the pain of getting a tattoo can handle the pain of laser tattoo removal. Nevertheless you should know that tattoo removal is not going to be without its pain despite the fact that numbing creams and injections will be used to lessen the sensation.
- Laser tattoo removal takes multiple treatments. Unless you have a very small single-color tattoo, you're going to have to go in to the doctor multiple times before the tattoo is completely removed.
- Laser tattoo removal is expensive. It's going to cost you up to ten times more to get the tattoo removed than it did to get it in the first place. The cost of the tattoo removal will depend on the size of the tattoo and the number of treatments that are needed.
- Some tattoos can not be removed. Tattoo removal only works on certain colors of tattoos at the current time so a multi-color tattoo may not be completely removed no matter how many treatments you get. The location of the tattoo on the body can also impact how successful tattoo removal is going to be.
Find a Good Tattoo Removal Doctor
If you've done your research and you're ready to get that tattoo removed then you need to find a good doctor to do the removal. There is something important that you should know about before choosing your tattoo removal specialist. You do not have to be a doctor to operate laser tattoo machinery. This has caused tattoo removal to crop up in med spas and salons across the nation. However, you should always make sure that you choose to work with a qualified doctor who has been to medical school. There are few medical risks of getting laser tattoo removal but you'll reduce those risks considerably by choosing a qualified doctor. You'll also increase the likelihood that the tattoo removal you get is good. In order to determine this, you should ask any doctor that you're considering the following questions:
- What medical school did you go to and when?
- How long have you been practicing laser tattoo removal?
- What other medical procedures do you perform?
- What has been your success rate with laser tattoo removal?
- What medical concerns should I be aware of when getting laser tattoo removal?
In other words, make sure that your doctor knows what he's doing before you sign on to get laser tattoo removal from him.
Celebrities Who Have Gotten Laser Tattoo Removal
If you're still undecided about laser tattoo removal then you might want to look at some of the other people who have gotten it done. Chances are that there's someone in your own neighborhood but if you're lacking for a role model in this area of your life then you might want to know about celebrities who have gotten laser tattoo removal. Famous cases of celebrity tattoo removal include the procedures done by Denise Richards, Charlie Sheen, Angelina Jolie, Billy Bob Thornton, Tommy Lee, Britney Spears, and Johnny Depp.
The Decision About Laser Tattoo Removal
There are going to be many things that you'll want to factor in to the decision about whether or not to get laser tattoo removal. The first thing that you'll want to do is to think about the reason that you are interested in the removal. Is the tattoo a reminder of someone who is no longer in your life? Or is it a design that you like but which wasn't done well in the first place? The reason that you want laser tattoo removal can help you determine if the drawbacks of laser tattoo removal are worth the benefits that it can offer to you.
Alternatives to Laser Tattoo Removal
You may ultimately determine that you're not interested in getting laser tattoo removal after all. This could be due to the cost, the risks of the procedure or the fact that you've learned some things about laser tattoo removal that have caused you some concerns. If you decide not to get the tattoo removal then your best bet is to get a cover-up tattoo which will change the design of your tattoo into something that you prefer. Otherwise you're just going to have to get used to the tattoo until you're ready to get that removal.