How to Identify Your Skin Tone to Take Proper Care Accordingly?
Women often have hot beauty gossips. In which many times a woman seems to say that, the brand has only the name, pointing on some name of the brand. "I used many of the beauty products, but all of them were useless". While saying this, the woman gets a stiff neck, but the other women sitting there do not care about how much she knows about the beauty product and how aware she is about beauty. Then some other members of the same female friend circle express their knowledge by starting accusing the commodity, here and there without using that product. While the truth is that no matter how expensive and branded products you use, without knowing your skin tone, it will not be able to give you the results according to your desires. For example, if you use the oil-based product on oily skin, it will only work to increase your problem.
Keep in mind that companies that make beauty products, when they launch a product in the market, their range of thinking is very wide. Similarly, not every product available in the beauty product shop is suitable for your skin. So it is important to choose the makeup product and skincare product according to your skin type.
Another thing to know here is that we often consider our skin to be oily or dry by seeing the oil or stretches on it, while it is not necessary. Rather our skin can look oily or dry due to weather changes, use of a particular type of product, or various internal and external reasons.
Types of Skin Tone
Our skin has mostly 5 types of skin tone
- Oily skin
- Dry skin
- Normal skin
- Combination skin
- Sensitive skin
Know your Skin Tone
You can know which category your skin falls under by answering some of the questions given below.
How do you feel using ordinary face wash and soap?
- Extra stretch in the skin
- Soft and smooth skin
- Itching and dry skin
- Moderately gentle
- Smoothness in some places, especially on T zone, nose and forehead, and dryness elsewhere.
How do you feel when using a creamy gel face wash?
- Better and comfortable than ordinary face wash
- .Smooth and comfortable
- Sometimes mild, sometimes itching
- Excess oily
- Oily in some places and mild in other places
How does your face feel like during the day, especially in the afternoon?
- Clean and fresh
- Sometimes patchy and reddish at times
- Shiny oily skin
- Shiny and oily on forehead and nose
Time and place of pimples problem on your face?
- Rarely ever.
- Sometimes before the periods, and sometimes after
- Come and go
- Very often
- Mostly on Tzone area
How does it feel to use toner and astringent on the face?
- Burning and Stretching
- Burning and itching
- Softer and smoother
- Fresh at some places stretched somewhere
How does your face feel like, when you wake up in the morning?
- Tight and stretchy
- Slightly dry and reddish
- Oil on Tzone area
If the answer to all your questions is mostly number 1, then you have dry skin.
If all the answers are number 2, then you have normal skin.
If all the answers are number 3, then you have sensitive skin.
If all the answers are number 4, then you have oily skin
If all the answers are number 5, then you have combination skin.
Daily Routine Care
In the absence of proper care of such skin, soon it starts showing signs of ageing. Therefore, for dry skincare, use only moisturizer and moisturizer based makeup products.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Be gentle when cleansing.
- Exfoliate the skin weekly.
- Apply moisture on damp skin every morning and at night.
- Never quit sunscreen while going in the sun.
For normal skin, use moisturizer, cleanser, spot treatment cream and night cream.
- Cleanse your skin properly.
- Always use sunscreens.
- Apply moisturizer regularly.
It requires special care as such skin easily becomes pigmented and burned. This type of skin is mostly affected by the change in weather conditions, food, habits, or any other type of changes. Therefore, always use moisturizer, cleanser or any other product that has to be purposely used for sensitive skin only. Before purchasing any new product always remember to test it first.
- Never skip moisturizer.
- Use a calming mask to your routine.
- Limit you're outsource in the sun.
- Use lukewarm water for bathing.
If you have oily skin, then always use oil-free water-based products. In addition to this, use toner, exfoliate the skin, spot treatment and light moisturizer ( once daily) for this skin type.
- Use products proposed your type.
- Always clean your hands before using products.
- Cleanse the skin twice a day.
- Exfoliate the skin weekly.
- Clay mask is the best option.
- Never skip moisturizer and sunscreen.
- Opt for oil-free makeup.
- It has oily skin around the nose and forehead and the cheek area is dry. For skincare use cleanser, exfoliate, and moisturizer for the skin. Use oil-based face pack for Tzone area and special pack for cheeks area.