- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair
How to Make Sew in Clip Hair Extensions
Wearing a sew-in or quick weave is a great way to wear hair extensions, but that technique may take a hour or two to complete in addition to the time it may take to remove. Clip in hair extensions are a great way for a person who desires to change their style daily or someone who needs a hairstyle in a short period of time. Clip in hair extensions can be purchased at a local beauty supply or ordered online, but to help save money turning your hair extensions into clip-ins can be done in the comfort of your own home. All you will need is hair extensions, scissors, hair thread, hair needle, and hair clips (side combs). The hair clips I am referring to are better known as side combs which should cost about $1.00 per four pack. The amount you need will vary based on your chosen hairstyle.
Measure the Hair Extensions
- Remove hair extensions from the package and then unravel the hair. Make sure you remove all attachments such as threads or staples before you began to unravel the hair.
- Part the hair at the location where you would like your first hair extension to be placed. It would be best to began parting your hair from the back from ear to ear. The parts do not need to be perfect, but the better aligned they are the more likely that your style will look neat and professional.
- Placed the extension up to your hair and cut the amount of hair you will need to measure with the length of the part. Be sure not to cut any more or less than you may need.
- Continue measuring and cutting the hair extensions until the amount you need t complete your desired hairstyle is complete.
Add the Clips
- Thread your needle. When threading the needle you do not need to double thread. Simply knot one end of the thread then put the thread in the needle leaving about three centimeters of thread out of the needle. Double threading the needle is not going to interfere with the hairstyle.
- Began sewing the clip onto one end of a hair extension that was previously measured. Be sure to insert the needle into the track of the hair before putting the needle through the clip. Sew the clip tightly onto the track and tie a knot when complete to secure the clip. Make sure you double knot to have a longer lasting clip on.
- Continue to sew the clips tightly onto all of the hair extensions on both ends.
- When adding the hair clips that you created start from the back of your head and work your way towards the top.
- Be sure to leave a small part of your real hair out at the top cover the tracks.
- For easy clipping, braid your hair prior to adding the clips. Leave out a portion of your hair to cover the tracks and attach the hair clips to the braids.