How to Manicure Nails
It's very easy, when we are stuck for time, to neglect our hands and nails. This is a pity because they are on show all the time, and if neglected, can give the false impression of not caring about your appearance. Following these steps will give you lovely, strong nails in a very short time, resulting in a well groomed appearance. Pamper yourself with a home manicure and enjoy growing beautiful natural nails.
Tools you need for Nail Care
Rich hand cream
Small saucer with 1 teaspoon sugar
Washbowl with warm water (add a few drops of liquid soap)
Cotton Wool Pads
Nail Polish Remover
Clear or natural colored nail polish (and/or color of your choice)
Method for Nail Care
1) Rub a generous amount of hand cream into left hand
2) Take some sugar and massage into skin, working gently at first
3) As the skin heats, the sugar will become softer, massage deeply for 1 minute
4) Carry out steps 1 - 3 on other hand
5) Rinse with warm water
6) Apply cuticle cream to nail cuticles of left hand
7) Put some cotton wool over an orange stick (only a little and wrap around the stick tightly)
8) Gently push back cuticles
9) Carry out steps 6 – 8 on the nails of the right hand
10) Place hands in warm water and rinse well
11) Wipe nails with Nail Polish Remover
12) Tidy and shape nails with file
13) Apply one coat of clear base nail polish
14) Finish with two coats of the color of your choice (you may also add one coat of clear topcoat)
Tips on Nail Care
This quick and easy method will help keep your skin and nails in really good condition, and also ensure your hands look well groomed at all times. With the hands, a little care goes a long way. Remember, they are the first place to show signs of aging, so take care of them now and your hands will look smoother for longer.
Remember to moisturise the hands every day and especially when they have been in water. Moisturising the skin on the hands keeps them supple and protects the skin from drying. Rubbing a little baby oil or almond oil gently into the cuticles will result in strong healthy nails. Always be gentle and use a light pressure when working on the cuticles to avoid damage to new nail forming beneath the surface.
As an extra special treat you can add a couple of drops of lavender and chamomile drops to a bowl of warm water and place your hands in it for a couple of minutes, this will soothe any irritated or dry skin, the fragrance also soothes your senses and can help relax the mind.
To whiten hands rub a half a lemon over the skin and leave for 10 - 15 mins before rinsing well with warm water.
To soften dry, chapped skin massage a rich hand cream into hands, allow to dry in, then reapply leaving plenty on top. Put on a pair of cotton gloves and leave on overnight. Your hands will be soft and moisturised.
Arty Party Nails
For special occasions and nights out, remember to use pretty colors and designs to add interest to your nails and enhance your outfit. Enjoy getting quite arty especially with the new cracked effect nail polishes and pretty nail art available. Have great fun practicing on yourself and friends and soon you will be doing your nails like a professional. See the video below for a demonstration on how to do funky cracked nails.