- Fashion and Beauty
How to deal with very frizzy hair
What causes frizzy hair?
How frizzy your hair is will depend on the type of hair you have. If your hair is naturally dry, it will tend to absorb moisture from the air particularly in humid conditions. A close up view of a shaft of hair reveals that the outer layer looks like it is scaled. When those 'scales' lie flat against the hair shaft, the hair will look smooth and glossy; if the 'scales' are not lying flat, the hair will be coarse and frizzy.
So, what can you do to prevent your hair from becoming frizzy?
Taming your frizzy hair
- For the final rinse for your hair after washing it, use cold (or at least cool) water.
- Use a good conditioner (ideally one with keratin protein).
- Don't rub your hair dry with a towel - pat it dry.
- Don't over use hair driers or hot styling tools (striaghteners, or curlers).
- If you do use a hairdrier, get one with a cold shot feature and use the cold blast at the end after styling your hair.
- Use a leave-in conditioner or product such as Moroccan Argan Oil.
Do you use a hair conditioner?
How frequently do you use a hair conditioner?
Please leave your personal tips here too.
I would welcome any more tips that anyone would like to leave here in the comments.
(Please note, I am not a hairdresser and am only expressing my own opinion in this hub.)