- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
11 reasons of undesirable wrinkles on your face
What are wrinkles?
Wrinkles are the fine lines that emerges on our face with aging and accompanied with many other factors. The process of wrinkles starts from dermis. Dermis is the second layer of skin, which is the structural section of skin. This section is mostly of protein which gives the skin, its strength and elasticity. As we age, the fine network of collagen and elastin fibres in the dermis gets loose and thus produces depression on facial skin. The dermis is about 80% of protein called collagen and elastin, with aging the production of these proteins reduces. Therefore, increases the depression in the face skin and causes wrinkles. Moreover, less oil production in the sebaceous glands with aging is insufficient in the lubrication of skin and causes the skin looks dull, dry and sagging more noticeable.
Aging brings wrinkles
Essential nutrients for your skin
Factors responsible for wrinkles
There are many reasons which enhances the growth of wrinkles over your face and other exposed body parts. Some of the prominent reasons are mentioned below:
- Smoking- Smoking is one of the top reasons of wrinkles on your face. Smoking reduces the production of collagen. Collagen is the main part of skin structure. Collagen supports the face skin and its elasticity. The lower production of collagen increases the risk of wrinkles more. Further, the tobacco in the cigarette causes inflammation and thus prevents the essential oxygen and nutrients from reaching the skin.
- Exposure to sun - Sun exposure is also the main reason of early signs of wrinkles and aging. Long hours of exposure to sun breaks down the collagen and skin cells of your face. The UV rays of sun light have free radicals. The free radicals means the rogue oxygen which are less of electrons and in search of their other half. The free radicals breaks down the collagen and elastin which supports the face skin. So the skin starts sagging and wrinkle.
- Gender - Now this may sound awkward to many of you. But, gender also plays a role in wrinkle story. Women rend to get wrinkles on face more faster than their male counterparts. Women have fewer sweat glands and less oily skin, which is really good when they are young. All these advantages becomes disadvantage with aging. Less oily skin is affected with wrinkles more easily. Men have fewer or almost no wrinkles around the face due to higher number of blood vessels.
- Age - Needless to say, that aging brings wrinkles. Less production of collagen and elastin, that supports the skin, causes wrinkles fast. Loss of facial fats as we grow older also causes wrinkles.
- Sleep - Less sleep or insufficient rest causes wrinkles with other problems. Even the way you sleep also poses the risk of wrinkles. One who sleep with face down, gets wrinkles and permanent marks on forehead and the one who sleeps sideways, gets wrinkles around the jaw line and cheeks.
- Nutrition- Your diet and the nutritional value of your diet is also a reason to get wrinkles on your face. Therefore, healthy diet is a must to keep your face wrinkle free.
- Repeated facial expression- Repeated facial expression like smiling, squinting makes fine lines on our face. With aging, when the elasticity of the skin diminishes, wrinkles comes out on the face. Lesser elasticity is due to lesser oil production, hence the skin loses it flexibility to spring back to the original state.
- Stress- Stress also causes our face wrinkle prematurely. Stress gives our face enough changes to wrinkle prematurely.Stress causes the release of cortisol hormone which causes the skin to thin and our blood vessels then looks prominent. So, it is advisable to relax yourself with meditation and other exercises.
- Hormones - With age, certain hormonal changes in our body increases the wrinkles on our face. When passing through the period of menopause in women. The production of estrogen hormone gets diminished. Lack of this hormone results less collagen and then thinning of skin and wrinkles.
- Antioxidants- Antioxidants like vitamin A, E and C, beta-carotene are some nutrients and enzymes present in the body which protects the skin from damaging. Less supply of these antioxidants to the body gives rise to the problem of wrinkles.
- Sugary products- The sugar present in the sweets and other processed products gets into the bloodstream and attaches itself to the proteins and form the end products of advanced glycation. This process is called glycation. Now, these end products are harmful in nature and damages the collagen and elastin produced. The elastin and collagen keeps the firmness of the face skin. The damage is caused by the process of glycation.
There are many other factors that can be held responsible for wrinkles which are not included in the list above. Apart from that, i would like to suggest you guys to use herbal remedies to get rid of wrinkles. These natural products are easy to use and do not cause any side effects. The most important aspect of herbal remedies that they do not disturb other functions of the body, to treat and heal any disease gradually.