- Fashion and Beauty
So as you know it's extremely difficult to apply makeup without looking ,as what most people would call, fake. I to have this problem so hopefully this list of tips and tricks will help you in some way:
1. Make sure to get a foundation as close to your skintone as possible. Even if you have to spend more. It is definitely worth it.
2. Do not go overboard with contour and highlight, Ever!!! If you go crazy on contour and straight up change the bone structure of your face something is bound to go wrong.
3. Don't go overboard with blusher. When applying makeup you don't want it to be obvious that you are wearing it. When applying blush aim for a natural glow.
4. When covering up spots don't use a liquid concealer. A solid/creamy one will allow the spot to 'breathe' meaning that it won't get worse.
5. If you are going through a breakout... Only apply makeup if you have to. Covering spots with makeup will make them worse.
1. If you are going to apply dramatic eyeshadow you MUST blend it properly and evenly. Obviously you will never get your eyes 100% identical but do your best.
2. Eyebrows. The eyebrows are the easiest place to go wrong. In my opinion you shouldn't go for ridiculously dark eyebrows. They will look the best when they match your hair colour or are only slightly darker.
3. Always go to a professional to get your eyebrows done. They will know how to shape them. Don't worry if they look or feel weird when you get them done. Give it about 3 weeks and they will have grown in, after this they will look amazing and won't have to spend so much time trying to get your eyebrows right.
6. This one applies to eyeliner. Never, ever buy eyeliner in the pen-like form. Honestly, it is so difficult to apply. To be blunt; i find it easier to apply liquid eyeliner. also don't go for lots of eyeliner. E.g. A massive dramatic wing. Unless you pair the right makeup with it, it will look odd and out of place.
7. Invest in a decent set of Brushes. It may be expensive but it will make application easier and less time consuming. It is definitely worth it!
1. Probably the oldest trick in the book. Always apply lip balm before lipstick. The lipstick will go one easier and will feel better on you lips.
2. If you are going to apply any lipstick make sure to have all you makeup done. This is to minimise the risk of smudging.
3. If you are going to use a light coloured gloss on dark/strong colours use a lip brush. Using the applicator given could ruin/ discolour it.
4. Blend concealer round your lips to make them pop. This will also make them appear sharper and Cleaner.
Thanks for reading. These tricks aren't from a professional. Don't take my word on all of them. This is simply what I do to get the most natural look. Just remember that makeup is there to accentuate your features not create them.
Hope this was helpful to somebody,
from me x