- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair
How to stimulate hair growth
I remember, first time I saw my pate in a photo, I was quite embarrassed. I had to admit the sad truth – I was experiencing hair loss at the age of 26. Now I am 33, and still got some hair growth (not much though). However, after another 4 years of observation (and doing nothing) I managed to finally take some action and found out some interesting facts on how to stimulate my hair growth. I have read some articles and I only regret reading them too late – much of my hair is already gone. Here is what I found about the hair structure, hair loss reasons and how to stimulate hair growth:
First of all, you cannot change hair structure, it is inherited. Our head carries around 100000 – 150000 hair. The root of every hair is hidden deeply in epidermis or follicle. That’s where the hair cells grow and multiply. Every day we loose around 50 to 100 hair and the average hair lives up to 7 years.
Reasons of hair growth problems
If you know the reason, you will quickly find a cure…
1. Genes – androgen hormone activity. If you father, or someone close in your family was or is bald, there is some possibility that you might have inherited the similar hair structure. In this case you can only try to slow the process.
2. Stress. Men usually suffer hair loss after some problems in a family, job etc.
3. Women tend to loose some hair when using contraception pills or after child birth, especially the first 4 months.
4. Infectious diseases, hyper secretion of sebaceous glands, digestive troubles, anorexia, diets, anemia, skin diseases, hormones’ changes.
5. If you hade some major body operation with sedatives or other medicine intervention, you could be losing some hair. Luckily, the hair loss in this kind of situation is just a temporary trouble and soon your hair should be growing at full speed.
Hair growth stimulation
1. Relax! Yes, the sooner you get rid of stress, the better chances that you will save some hair. Do not run from your problems – try to solve them.
2. Drink water. Do not wait until you get thirsty. Water is number one substance needed for the survival of our body. Besides, it also liquefies blood, which makes it easier for oxygen to reach our body cells.
3. Use proteins. Fish, cheese, milk products are a must.
4. Eat food, containing much iron and zinc: red meet, rifle-green vegetables, sea food etc. It helps to preserve oxygen for your hair.
5. Copper rich food helps to save hair pigment. Eat liver, fresh vegetables, hazelnuts, seeds.
6. Use some vitamin B6 and zinc supplements, and build some hair loss resistance from the inside. They usually do the job of increasing your hair growth rate and health. Vegetables, carrots have vitamin A which is important for healthy head skin.
Vitamins B and C are important for blood circulation which, in its turn, stimulates your hair cells growth. Eat fruit, vegetables, eggs, milk products and bread.
7. Use only sensitive hair shampoo which slows hair loss and stimulates your hair growth. Try to preserve what’s left – do not overuse fan and don’t comb your wet hair, because that’s when they are weak and tear more easily.
8. Use some good lotion which helps to strengthen hair follicles and nourish the head skin.
If you follow the steps above, your hair follicles will be continuously nourished and strengthened, which will result in stronger and healthier hair.
I hope this article on how to stimulate hair growth helps. There are also other methods which I might not covered in my article. For example you could easily do the laser operation or similar things. It's costly, but you will see the difference in just a few days. And even if nothing helps you – then I might write another article about the advantages of being bold.