How to tie a Tie (Instructions to tie Broad and Skinny Ties)
Class is for men...
You probably have heard this quote by Barney Stinson appearing on the How i Met Your Mother television series. Personally I believe he is one of the best dressed personnel on the TV at the moment. Always dressed in a quality suite and a tie to match. He looks sharp. He brings class to a whole new level.
"Class is for men"
Having trouble selecting a tie?
Why wear a tie?
Tying a tie is one of the most important things that every man needs to learn. Even a famous writer said that a well-knotted tie is the very first serious step in the life of a man that is why it is greatly important to have even the basic knowledge on how to tie a tie.
As a perfect symbol of class and wealth, ties remain the mark of a real gentleman and understanding the different ways in tying a tie is probably even more essential than how good your shoes are shined. It is important to know the basics ways on how to tie a tie easy because this can also improve your overall appearance.
Aside from improving your appearance, a tie is known as the standard component of an interview attire for men. If you are in the field of business, you have to understand that you may be required to deal with a lot of customers or clients frequently and your overall appearance is of great importance because it will create a huge impact on the impression of your clients or customers on the company you represent. Wearing the right attire with a well-knotted tie can demonstrate professionalism and authority.
Also, during job interviews, if you wear an appropriate attire and a well-knotted tie, this can suggest that you are serious about the job and you know the nature of your business. This will in turn increase your chance of getting the job that you want.
Wearing a formal and the right attire for any occasion always starts with your tie. If your tie is not properly tied, it will also reflect to your personality. Understanding the basics on how to tie a tie can greatly affect your chances of obtaining the job that you have always been wanting.
Many other ways to tie a tie
Basic Steps on How to Tie a Tie
How to Tie a Broad Tie
"The Half Windsor Knot"
Half Windsor knot is considered ideal for broad or wider ties. If you want to know how to tie a tie easy with this type of knot, here are a few steps that you have to follow:
- Bring the tie’s wide end one foot below the narrower end of the tie. Cross the wider end over the tie’s narrower end.
- Take the wider end up around and then below the narrower end, between your tie and shirt.
- Pull the wider end of the tie, facing up
- Then pull the wider end down and through the tie’s look, with its back facing forward
- Take the wider end up behind the tie knot that’s formed
- Then you have to pull the wider end down through the loop
- Hold the knot using your left hand and pull the wider end using your right hand. Tighten the knot very lightly to draw it up into your collar
Voice your thoughts...
Which type of ties do you prefer most?
Tying the tie for a successful life
How to Tie a Skinny Tie
"The Four-in-Hand Knot"
The four-in-hand knot is a very simple knot that perfectly works with a skinny type of tie. This knot is easy to adjust, slightly asymmetric and narrow. The steps in tying a tie, especially a skinny tie through this kind of knot, include the following:
- The first thing to remember if you are learning on how to tie a skinny tie is to place your tie around your neck. The wider end of your tie must be on your dominant hand’s side. So if you are a right-handed person, the end of the tie that is wider must hang on your right side, and if you are left-handed, the end of the tie that is wider must also hang on your left side.
- Find a seam on the front of the tie’s slightly narrower end.
- Move the wider end of the tie over the narrow end for them to cross each other.
- Then, you can pull the wider end at the back if the narrower end.
- You have to bring the wider end around. Bear in mind that it must face off to your left side.
- Take the wider end under and then up through the loop all around your neck
- Pull the wider end downward through the knot of the tie at its front.
- You need to tighten the tie’s knot through sliding it up the narrower end. Remember that you should not push the knot too tight but do not also keep it too loose. The four-in-hand knot is one of the most effective knots when you are tying a tie, most particularly the skinny type of tie.
- Lastly, you have to make sure that the length of your tie is appropriate and that it must be straight.
Hot to toie the Half-Windsor Knot
How to tie the Four In Hand Knot
I hope you got a basic idea of how to tie two of the most famous tie tying methods on two different types of ties. If you have any questions please comment below.