- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
How To: Makeup for Brown Eyes
Choose a Popping Color
Having brown eyes is a major plus in the makeup community. You have a wide range of flattering colors to use because brown is a mixture of all the primary colors. To make your eyes stand out, pick a color with some sass.
Cobalt blue is a brilliant color that can set the mood for a night on the town. You can apply it all over the lid and use it as an eyeliner under the the eye or you can apply it with black for a dramatic smokey eye. Estee Lauder's Fire Sapphire is bold and beautiful. It can be applied alone as an eyeliner or blended on both upper and lower lash lines for a pop of color.
Purple can enhance brown eyes with a few simple brush strokes. You can use anything from a vibrant purple to a deep plum. Pick your potion. MAC carries a color called Vibrant Grape that goes on sheer and feels satiny after application. It has magenta undertones, is easy to blend and can be worn day or night. Also, try adding a metallic purple to your collection for extra pop.
Go green and get lucky! Another color that is stunning on all shades of brown eyes is green. Shimmering greens and dark forest greens are perfect a club look. A light or neutral green can be worn anytime. Pair a light green like MAC's Lucky Green with neutral cheeks and nude lips for a daytime look that will attract the perfect amount of attention.
Don't be afraid to try bold colors! Just about any color you choose will look stunning with brown eyes. Go for a bright pink if you want an evening out with girls. Also, super shimmering colors like gold are flattering on brown eyes and definitely make a statement. Whatever color you choose, you are sure to attract some positive attention.
For a look that can be worn to work, to the grocery store or to your favorite club, embrace the smokey eye.
The number one tip to remember is to complement the shade of your brown eyes. If you have light brown eyes use warm tones such as caramel, honey and gold. For darker shades of brown use cool shades such as grey and silver. Kim Kardashian is a wonderful example of dark brown eyes with smokey makeup.
To get this versatile look, pick your colors, and follow these simple steps. You will have a stunning smokey eye in ten minutes.
- Start by applying an eyeshadow primer all over the lid. This prevents eyeshadow from melting into the crease during the day.
- Apply eyeliner to the top lash line in a shade of your choice. You can use brown, grey, or black for a typical smokey eye. Remember to apply the liner thin around the inner eye and get thicker as you move to the outer eye.
- For an intense smokey eye, you must perfect the smudge! Lightly smudge your upper eyeliner and then apply eyeliner to the bottom lash line. Smudge with finger and add some eyeliner to intensify the look.
- Apply your lightest color eyeshadow on the inner corner of the eye and work it towards the middle of the lid. Use a shimmering color for a dramatic effect. Pearl is an excellent choice
- Pick up an eyeshadow brush and apply your darker shade from the middle of the lid outwards. Blend, blend blend! Make sure the darkest color stops at the crease of your eye and the darkest part is at the outermost part of the eyelid.
- Apply your favorite mascara to finish this look. To make the look more dramatic, apply a couple coats without clumping.
Tip: Although this is not necessary, you can use a setting powder or spray to ensure the look holds all day. This is extremely helpful for a night of dancing, when your makeup is most likely to melt and fade.
Brown eyes don't require time or multiple makeup products to enhance. You can go nude and look red carpet ready.
Apply a face primer before applying foundation. Use a setting powder over your foundation and then apply a highlighter to the necessary areas. This will create the illusion of glowing skin. All you need now is to curl your eyelashes and apply a little mascara.
You can dress up the nude look with a light neutral blush, and some nude lip color.
Now you can hit the gym, go shopping with friends or on a date and still look stunning. Your natural features are worth showing off, and sometimes the best way to do it is to skip all the color.