My Ultimate Acne Treatment Experience
In this hub, I will tell you all my secrets that worked in treating acne that I have experienced myself. Before, I had really severe acne and I’ve tried an awful lot of things on my face in the hope of getting my face cleared. Those things were natural remedies such as garlic, lemon juice, cucumber etc., but the results were just temporary and not as great as the latest one. I’ve found out that in order to get rid of acne, we need to treat it both externally and internally and not just on the skin.
Below are my strategies that can treat your acne inside and outside your body.
Zinc is the most powerful internal acne fighter for me. You can find a lot of scientific articles on the internet that say about zinc and acne. Zinc can make your overall acne heal very fast and prevent further big breakouts. In order for it to work effectively, you need to choose a kind of zinc called zinc glutamate because it can absorb into your body more easily than other kinds of zinc. Take zinc pills around 50mg per day and it should be enough for your body. If you want to take more than that, say, 70mg, you should also take 1mg of copper per day since large amount of zinc depletes copper in your body that may make your body weaker. Remember, for some people it can take around a few weeks to see the effect. As for me, it took 3 weeks to see less acne and my face became clearer and smoother. It was quite satisfied.
Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)
I also talked about hydrogen peroxide in my other hub Get Rid of Acne with Hydrogen Peroxide. It is another awesome treatment for pimples and some people even say it’s a miracle. Use only 3% hydrogen peroxide to apply on the affected area and leave overnight or 15mn (if you cannot stand the irritation). You’ll see the result in only one to a few days with dried or healed pimples with less redness.
Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is another topical treatment for all types of skin which can soften and smooth your skin and leave your skin nourished and young looking. It compensates all the roughness you’ve done to your skin in the process of treating acne. Apply a light amount of vitamin E oil every night before you go to bed and leave overnight. It is recommended that you start using it after some acne has lessened to avoid excessive oil on acne.
Mildness is important for your problematic skin. Facial soap with a lot of bubbles means it’s high in chemicals and it’s not suitable for skin with acne even your face is oily. I have an oily face and I find mild soap is better for my skin than other kinds of soap that are high in chemicals because they cause irritation and lead to more breakouts.
Other Things to Remember (Also Important)
- Stress: Stress can trigger more acne. When I’ve got exams coming up, I’m always worried it. Then pimples start to pop up without any reason. For the sake of your skin, make sure you manage to stay relaxed as much as possible even in tough situations. Try to go for a walk, take a warm bath, and so on to reduce stress. These activities shouldn’t take long, but it helps your health and your skin greatly.
- Hygiene: Wash your face about 3 times a day AND after you’ve been sweating. This is important because leaving your face dirty gives chance for bacteria to build up and pop out into pimples.
- Water: Your body needs hydration to function properly, including your skin. Drink at least 2 liters of water a day and you’ll be fresh and healthy like a watered plant.
- Sleep: Same as water, you need sleep for about 8 hours a day. When I don’t sleep enough I always encounter not only more pimples but also dandruff, dry skin, and stress.
- Fast foods: I’m not sure about fast foods, but I tend to get breakouts after I eat fast foods every day for a few days in a row. So it is advisable that you only eat it once in a while. For example, once in every two weeks is okay.
Right now, my face is completely clear of acne (except for the scars) and I’m very proud of what I’ve done. I recommend this method to everybody to try out. It may be not be necessarily effective to all people but at least it is suitable for a lot of people. Finally, I wish you good luck and acne free!