Homemade beauty tips
Homemade beauty products have many benefits. They cost a little or nothing, they do not contain harmful ingredients and you can make them anytime! Here are some tips how you can use simple items as beauty products:
Olive oil - Olive oil is one of the wonders of the world. It has amazing benefits and is not only healthy to cook with but it has also many beauty uses. There are many beauty products on the market which use olive oil as their primary ingredient. Here are few tips how you can use it :
- use it as a deep conditioner for your hair or for dry scalp. Apply warm olive oil directly on your scalp and then comb out your hair to make sure you coated each strand. Then wrap your hair with a warm wet towel and leave it for at least an hour. The best option is to leave it for overnight. Then wash it out thoroughly.
- olive oil is full of vitamin E which the skin loves. Use it as a moisturiser or make up remover to smooth, hydrate and heal your skin.
- for smooth and silky finish after shaving use olive oil instead of shaving cream.
Egg - eggs are not only tasty but also a wonderful beauty product. You can use eggs as a natural treatment for both hair and face. Eggs are known to condition the hair and tighten the skin. It can also cure blemishes and make your face glow.
- To make a hair conditioner just whisk one egg yolk and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Whisk again until the mixture becomes frothy then add a cup of water and mix it again. Coat your hair with the mixture and leave it on for about 20 minutes. Then rinse it off with cool water. (Alternatively you can add an egg yolk to your shampoo for a glossy treatment.)
- To tighten your skin and make your pores look smaller, mix an egg with a teaspoon of honey and olive oil until the mixture becomes frothy. Apply it to your face and leave it for about 15 minutes. Then rinse it off. This face mask is also effective in treating acne and to even out your skin tone.
Plain white yogurt - yogurt is very good for the digestive system and it also boosts the immune system. And it also can make the skin healthier. Yogurt works as a natural moisturizer as it adds oils to your skin. It also contains zinc and lactic acid so it can be very effective for acne-prone skin.
- To make a yogurt mask, just apply a thin layer of simple plain white yogurt to your cleansed face, and leave it for 20 minutes. Then rinse with cool water. The yogurt mask is gentle enough to be used daily.
Ice - this is another inexpensive way to treat your skin and make it glowing and radiant. You can use ice on any type of skin (normal, dry or oily) to make it healthier.
- Just rub ice over your skin to increase circulation and strengthen the blood vessels under the skin. Ice also helps minimizing the size of pores and wrinkles. On problematic skin you can use ice directly on blemishes to help them to heal faster.
Beer - most of us enjoy a glass of beer on a night out, but did you know it is also a great beauty product? Beer is an excellent hair tonic, it contains B vitamins and proteins which make the hair bouncy and shiny. Even Catherine Zeta-Jones admitted using beer for her glossy locks.
- Just simply rinse your hair with beer after shampooing and conditioning (use a good quality beer if possible), massage it into the scalp, wait few minutes and then rinse it off with warm water.