- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
Natural Oil Face Cleansing
Oil Face Cleansing Ritual
Oil Face Cleansing Ritual will make your skin beautiful and healthy.
Did you know you can clean your face using oils? Yes, natural oils. I have to tell you I thought it sounded very strange when I first heard it. Clean my face with oil? My skin is a combination type, oily and dry. I thought that putting oil on it would make the oily areas more oily. Wouldn't you have thought that?
Well, that isn't quite right. There is a chemistry principle that tells us to solve the problem of oily skin we should use a substance of similar composition: in other words, another oil. Remember in high school when they required us to take chemistry? I used to wonder when in the real world I would be able to use these lessons, I guess now I know. I can use them now with skin care.
The benefit our skin will see using a natural oil cleansing ritual is positive ...because our skin will not be in contact with the chemical ingredients found in traditional skin care products.
What Are The Benefits Of Oil Cleansing?
- Cleans and Detoxes your skin
- Moisturizes your skin
- Helps stop the production of excess sebum
- Left over make up is removed along with any dirt and impurities
- Relaxes you - facials always relax me!
- Restores vitality to your skin
First you have to go through a detoxifying process so our skin can rid itself of the impurities that have been trapped in your pores over time. This detox process will last about a week or two. During this time you skin might break out in pimples, you may see more blackheads...it's a detox period and all the "bad stuff and dirt" is coming out of your pores. Give it a chance to work it's magic and this cleansing ritual will help you heal your skin.
The good news is that this cleansing method works for any skin type. By using natural oils to clean your skin you regulate the secretion of natural sebum. The opposite is true when you use more conventional cleansing products that have the opposite effect on your skin and lead to an imbalance.
What You’ll Need:
- Bowl and a spoon or whisk
- Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Cold pressed castor oil (castor oil is a natural astringent that helps eliminate toxins from the skin) or choose another oil ... find a list of low pore clogging oils below.
- A Towel
- A Moisturizer if you think you need it, I don't use one
This is a trial and error method to some extent because in order to find out the right combination for your skin, you should use small amounts to begin with, for example, 1 teaspoon of castor oil with 2 teaspoons of olive oil for oily skin. Adjust the amount depending on the way your skin feels. Don't worry too much about the amounts in the beginning, just use the chart below.
Depending on your skin type, you can combine the two oils as follows:
1/3 parts castor oil
1/3 parts castor oil
1/5 parts castor oil
2/3 parts olive oil
3/4 parts olive oil
4/5 parts olive oil
Pour Your Olive Oil Into A Bowl
Add The Castor Oil - Or Which Ever Type You Chose
Mix And You Are Done
What To Do Next?
- Make sure your face is dry.
- Apply the oil mixture to your hands and gently massage your face with it.
- Move your fingers around in a circular motion. You can massage your face for two or so minutes. You can leave the oil mixture on your face for up to ten minutes.Use circular movements so you don't irritate the skin. The massage should last 1-2 minutes. You can leave the oil on your face for up to ten minutes to moisturize your skin.
Removing The Oils
Wet a towel with warm water, squeeze the water out, and then use the towel to cover your face. This is going to open your pores and release those impurities hiding in them. You can leave the towel on your face for about a minute. Wipe your face gently with the towel when you remove it. That should remove any leftover oil from your skin.
I don't use a moisturizer when I have completed my ritual cleansing. I don't feel as though I need it. But if you think you would like to apply your favorite moisturizer, go ahead.
Low Pore Clogging Oils
When you are choosing your oil, make sure that the oil you pick is a non-comedogenic...that means it won't clog your pores.
Here are some excellent choices to replace that heavier castor oil for you to pick from:
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Sesame Oil